“Very nice property with charming desk staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 19 hotels in Santa Maria
Los Angeles, California
“Very nice property with charming desk staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Nice rooms. All the amenities refrig/microwave. Easy access to car if get King bed on first floor. Funny checkin staff at desk. Makes you feel valued and welcome. I would return if traveling in area. Quiet location. Easy on off freeway

Room Tip: Ask for king Bed 1st floor with access thru sliding glass door to car.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This property is very conveniently located and the front desk recommended Cool Hand Luke's steakhouse for dinner which was a delicious suggestion. However, the hall and our room smelled pretty funky the first night and I wondered what the source of the odor was since it was pretty bad. Our second and third nights there were much improved as far as odor was concerned. The cleaning staff was OK - not stellar. I don't believe they ever swept the bathroom floor while we were there. The cleaning job done by the people at the Escondido, CA, Holiday Inn Express was much, much better. The other downside was the room's refrigerator which froze the $30 worth of cherries, grapes, apricots, and peaches rock solid and ruined them all. When I discovered this the front desk contacted their "management" and I was told I'd be getting a 10% refund which almost covered the cost of the fruit. When I went to check out, I found out the discount was for 10% of 1 night. I eventually received 20% off one night but that fell short. I understand that front desk personnel are pretty limited in what they can handle so I'll be contacting Quality Inn directly since I don't feel that I was adequately reimbursed for my loss. I might stay here again but would prefer to look for someplace else.

Room Tip: Choose the second floor. Make sure you can see the temperature adjustment in the fridge before you p...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
La Mesa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My daugher and I got into Santa Maria early from San Diego and had a 1:30 show to see at PCPA Theaterfest. I called around 11 to see if we could check in early and get ready for the show. The gal put me on hold and checked and came back on and said, "yes" there was a room ready. We were going to have breakfast and then check in. When we got to the hotel around 12 noon, there was a different gal at the desk. She seemed unaware of my previous conversation but gave me a room. We went to the room, ready to rest, and then get ready for the show. Upon opening the door, the beds were unmade, there were towels used and an Iced Tea can and cup on the bedside table. I called to the front desk and she said, "Well, Check in is at 3 and the cleaning staff has left for lunch." We sat in the room, my daughter was 'grossed out' and then just got ready and left. We did not rest or relax as we had been expecting. The cleaning staff was in the hall below and i asked them to clean when we left and please leave our stuff in the closet and fridge. They did and when we got back the rest of it was fine. The disappointment was the initial assurance that we had a room and then nothing being done to make it seem a little better for us. As a manager, I would have done something to compensate for the miscommunication. Giving us keys to a room that hadn't been cleaned was really unsettling.
The hotel is old, but basically clean. The price is still around $100 and a little more with tax. It is unfortunate for one night that it isn't closer to $80. The breakfast was fine and check out isn't until 12 noon so that is a plus. But check in isn't until 3 pm and that makes it difficult when you arrive early in a town like Santa Maria where there isn't much to do.
We will probably return because it was clean, finally, and the access to the freeway is good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

This is a fine place to stay in the area, and we had a nice discount for multiple rooms for our family reunion. The breakfast was included and was good, including waffles and bagels. There was a pool but we did not use it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Clean, basic room. Curved shower rod so I didn't have to fight the curtain. Close to restaurants and freeway. And the only downer is it is practically in the parking lot of a hospital, so there is the ambience of sirens from time to time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Morro Bay, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Small, but acceptable room. I just read some of the other reviews, and they must not have been in the same hotel.

The Mexican staff think nothing of their guests. They converse loudly in Spanish at each other in the lobby, in the hallways, everywhere! I am pretty laid back and accepting of others, but this was downright rude.

If it had been a budget hotel, I would have been more willing to accept it. But paying full freight, I wanted peace and quiet.

Management needs to talk to their staff, and quick.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Santa Cruz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

I was hunting for a hotel in the area which was not ridiculously priced...and found this gem. The price is reasonable, the room seemed clean to me and there was a really nice breakfast in the morning. I am a light sleeper and was worried about the freeway being so close, the sliding door letting in noise and the room next door occupied but it was very quiet...especially for a Friday night. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The lower floor have sliding doors. Park your car just outside your room, go open your room and you...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!