“a dump of a room” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 19 hotels in Santa Maria
Pasadena, California
“a dump of a room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We were staying in Santa Maria for a few days and have stayed at this airport hotel before and had great service and a great room. This time we had a real dump. The hotel was empty after Christmas and we chose this hotel so we could watch the planes land and take off. Instead we were given a tiny room with absolutely NO View. The television had no closed caption option so I asked for a tv control to get it. The guy at the front desk had no idea and his manager did not answer pages. We left the next am and checked into a more customer friendly hotel in Santa Maria.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Do you know this is probably the last hotel on earth that doesn't offer so...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience, I am sorry to hear that you were not more pleased with your stay. I can assure you that we did not place you in a small room as all of our rooms are all the same standard size. we apologize we were not able to correct the issue of the TV captions in a more timely manner and we will be addressing this issue with our engineering department. If you have anymore questions please feel free to contact us directly, thank you.

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
ballard, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My husband and I had an overnight stay at this hotel recently due to a very early morning flight out of Santa Maria. We had stayed at this hotel perhaps 10 years ago and found it adequate. We were not looking for very much - just a clean room and a bite to eat.

We were very pleasantly surprised. The friendly and efficient desk staff checked us in with a smile and made us aware of the restaurant and cocktail lounge. After settling into our room, we visited the cocktail lounge. The bartender was friendly and efficient, and even though a lot of "locals" were there he treated us with great attention - a real professional. We decided to stay for dinner and were pleasantly surprised at the quality fo the food - definitiely NOT hotel food. Definitely NOT an airport hotel. Well done!

Room Tip: For my money, the sleep number bed was not worth it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Two of us stayed there for two nights while attending a Cessna seminar nearby. We were allowed to park the plane right next to the hotel. Upon checking in, we were even asked if we wanted a room with the airplane in sight. Nice! Rooms were $109 per night and were quite nice and comfortable. I have paid much more in other hotels for a lot less quality. We had dinners both nights at the Vintner's restaurant inside the hotel. Excellent prime rib, steaks and wine too. Altogether, it was a very nice experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was visiting my Aunts house along with all my other family members Thanksgiving Day. I checked in late around midnight. There was no wait, the service was great. It couldn't have gone any smother. It was 5 mins from my aunts house too! I selected to stay here for the following reasons. My parents got a room here. Next, they allowed dogs here. I couldn't bare to leave my 13lb doggy at home alone and had to find a hotel that allowed dogs, this was it. For those of you that don't have dogs or don't want to stay at a Hotel that allows dogs, fear not. Dogs are only permitted next to the pool area in select rooms. The dog fee per stay is $50 which is reasonable and was in my buget. No pet deposit was needed at this location.

Another reason I decided to stay was because there is a restaurant inside and my room package came with a buffet Breakfest that was $10-11 per person. I wanted Breakfest ready when I was done getting ready in the morning. My brother and I thought the food was descent too. We didn't use the pool or gym but they looked nice as we walked by.

The room was over all cleaned well and I had nice view of the air private air plane landing. It was nice to see all the models sitting there. The planes did not wake me up in the morning or night. My only compliant was that someone had spilled coffe on the carpet floor right next to the door that was not cleaned up. It was dry, but it hadnt been shampooed. I let the desk know on my way out.

This would be good for anyone visiting with a companion, friends or family.

I paid $125 for the room which included 2 buffet Breakfests in the morning and an additional $50 for the dog stay fee. Before we left the room to checkout they had slid under the door my receipt. I didn't have to do anything further or return the keys.

I would recommend staying here to anyone. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review about our hotel! I am happy to hear your stay went smooth and that we were able to accommodate your puppy as well! We welcome you and your pup back to the Radisson when your travels bring you back to the are, Thank you again happy holidays!
Valencia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this Radisson three times and will return. This hotel is perfect if you are wine tasting through Santa Ynez and up the Foxen trail into Sant Maria. Why drive back to Solvang? I am a Club Carlson member and found this hotel through thier website, and it has worked out great. We will stay the night here, then head up to Paso the next day and continue our wine tours. A great value for the money. If you have not eaten at the Vintners grill, you are missing a great meal. Santa Maria is known for there BBQ, but not there is not many fine dinning around the town. Vintners grill has a great seafood and steak menu. Try the shrimp and scallop pasta...mmmm good! Decent wine selection as well. As I said, we will return in the future when we come up to pick up our wine!

Room Tip: Corner suites are the way to go!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Ron! Thank you for giving such a amazing review of our property. I am so delighted to hear that you were able to come back to the Radisson after a fabulous day of wine tasting and enjoy a wonderful meat at Vintner's! It is comments like yours that let us know we are doing a good job and we appreciate your kind words very much. We cant wait to see you next time you come to the area, Thank you!
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

In it's day, it might have been nicer. It was showing it's age. The rooms were smaller than usual, the balcony even smaller. There was only enough room for one chair and a small table. I paid extra for the balcony overlooking the pool, don't bother. Most rooms that over look the pool are walled in and you have to stand to see it. The atrium area was nice if you wanted to read a book, it was QUIET. I liked the lounge, you could order food to go or eat there. The music was a pleasant surprise. The food and drink prices were a good value. I would stay here again, but not pay for the balcony pool view.

Room Tip: don't pay extra for the balcony rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Suniday50,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed our dinning facilities during your stay and that you appreciated the quite relaxing atmosphere we strive to provide for our guests here at the Radisson Hotel Santa Maria. However I do apologize that you were not more satisfied with your balcony view during your stay and we hope that next time you visit you will be more pleased with your accommodations. We very much appreciate your comments and we hope to see you again when you travel back to the area, thank you!
Central Coast, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I recently had a 5 day event at the Radisson and spent several peaking planning it - speaking and dealing with staff. Once my event started, at any given time, there were 51 participants in my group who was at the hotel 24/7. The hotel met all of our needs. Their staff was friendly, effective and efficient. The hotel was very clean, warm and inviting. The food was great. This is by far, the #1 hotel in Santa Maria. Trust me, I live in Santa Maria and I know the offerings of all hotels here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Hotel Santa Maria? Share your experiences!