“Pleasant stay Thanksgiving Day!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
A Getaway for 2
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Santa Maria
“Pleasant stay Thanksgiving Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I was visiting my Aunts house along with all my other family members Thanksgiving Day. I checked in late around midnight. There was no wait, the service was great. It couldn't have gone any smother. It was 5 mins from my aunts house too! I selected to stay here for the following reasons. My parents got a room here. Next, they allowed dogs here. I couldn't bare to leave my 13lb doggy at home alone and had to find a hotel that allowed dogs, this was it. For those of you that don't have dogs or don't want to stay at a Hotel that allows dogs, fear not. Dogs are only permitted next to the pool area in select rooms. The dog fee per stay is $50 which is reasonable and was in my buget. No pet deposit was needed at this location.

Another reason I decided to stay was because there is a restaurant inside and my room package came with a buffet Breakfest that was $10-11 per person. I wanted Breakfest ready when I was done getting ready in the morning. My brother and I thought the food was descent too. We didn't use the pool or gym but they looked nice as we walked by.

The room was over all cleaned well and I had nice view of the air private air plane landing. It was nice to see all the models sitting there. The planes did not wake me up in the morning or night. My only compliant was that someone had spilled coffe on the carpet floor right next to the door that was not cleaned up. It was dry, but it hadnt been shampooed. I let the desk know on my way out.

This would be good for anyone visiting with a companion, friends or family.

I paid $125 for the room which included 2 buffet Breakfests in the morning and an additional $50 for the dog stay fee. Before we left the room to checkout they had slid under the door my receipt. I didn't have to do anything further or return the keys.

I would recommend staying here to anyone. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review about our hotel! I am happy to hear your stay went smooth and that we were able to accommodate your puppy as well! We welcome you and your pup back to the Radisson when your travels bring you back to the are, Thank you again happy holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this Radisson three times and will return. This hotel is perfect if you are wine tasting through Santa Ynez and up the Foxen trail into Sant Maria. Why drive back to Solvang? I am a Club Carlson member and found this hotel through thier website, and it has worked out great. We will stay the night here, then head up to Paso the next day and continue our wine tours. A great value for the money. If you have not eaten at the Vintners grill, you are missing a great meal. Santa Maria is known for there BBQ, but not there is not many fine dinning around the town. Vintners grill has a great seafood and steak menu. Try the shrimp and scallop pasta...mmmm good! Decent wine selection as well. As I said, we will return in the future when we come up to pick up our wine!

Room Tip: Corner suites are the way to go!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Ron! Thank you for giving such a amazing review of our property. I am so delighted to hear that you were able to come back to the Radisson after a fabulous day of wine tasting and enjoy a wonderful meat at Vintner's! It is comments like yours that let us know we are doing a good job and we appreciate your kind words very much. We cant wait to see you next time you come to the area, Thank you!
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

In it's day, it might have been nicer. It was showing it's age. The rooms were smaller than usual, the balcony even smaller. There was only enough room for one chair and a small table. I paid extra for the balcony overlooking the pool, don't bother. Most rooms that over look the pool are walled in and you have to stand to see it. The atrium area was nice if you wanted to read a book, it was QUIET. I liked the lounge, you could order food to go or eat there. The music was a pleasant surprise. The food and drink prices were a good value. I would stay here again, but not pay for the balcony pool view.

Room Tip: don't pay extra for the balcony rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Suniday50,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed our dinning facilities during your stay and that you appreciated the quite relaxing atmosphere we strive to provide for our guests here at the Radisson Hotel Santa Maria. However I do apologize that you were not more satisfied with your balcony view during your stay and we hope that next time you visit you will be more pleased with your accommodations. We very much appreciate your comments and we hope to see you again when you travel back to the area, thank you!
Central Coast, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I recently had a 5 day event at the Radisson and spent several peaking planning it - speaking and dealing with staff. Once my event started, at any given time, there were 51 participants in my group who was at the hotel 24/7. The hotel met all of our needs. Their staff was friendly, effective and efficient. The hotel was very clean, warm and inviting. The food was great. This is by far, the #1 hotel in Santa Maria. Trust me, I live in Santa Maria and I know the offerings of all hotels here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Although my stay, from Nov 8th (Thu) to Nov 11th (Sun), was a corporate arrangement, the quality of my stay here was excellent. The hotel is conveniently located by Santa Maria Airport (SMX), and the drive from the airport rental car lot to the hotel took only a minute. Upon my arrival at the hotel, I was greeted by the front desk staff who had already prepared the paperwork and my room keys. Check-in was a breeze and soon I found myself in a single room on the 4th floor with a balcony facing the hotel atrium. The room was very clean and bed is very large and comfortable. The only improvement I would suggest is to provide pillows of different softness, as all pillows provided were rather soft and I had to stack two pillows together. Saturday was my free day to venture around the area. As this was my first visit to the central coastal area of Cali, I approached the front desk for travel advice. Karen, Director of Sales, was very friendly and gave a list of recommended things to do in the area and an area map.
Breakfast at the atrium cafe, which is included in my room rate, was a buffet style breakfast with eggs, sausage, bacon, bread, fruits etc. The selection could improve a bit but the overall quality was very satisfactory.

Just wanted to add one note that can be improved. Saturday night there was a wedding reception on first floor. Throughout the night there were kids running around the floor making noises, and the people sitting in the atrium were so loud that I could hear them through the balcony door even though it was completely shut.

I am very pleased by the hospitality and the quality of the hotel and will definitely consider it for future travel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Alfred T,
Wow! thank you for such a great in depth review of your stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay and we have noted your recommendations you brought to our attention as well. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again when you are back in the area, Thank you!
Seal Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've stayed here quite a few times when I head into town to visit family. Overall it's a clean hotel. I try to get the corner suite that has a patio/seating area where I can sit outside and admire all the planes at the airport. Although some of the patio furniture can be updated. They have a decent brunch in the morning if you need to grab a quick breakfast. Overall I'd recommend this place if you're looking for a room on this end of town (Orcutt) that's clean and has professional staff. And you gotta love the sleep number beds!!!!

Room Tip: Corner Suite, has balcony and seating with a table. And a separate living area from the bedroom
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed here at the Radisson many times. Very comfortable. Enjoy the jacuzzi, exercise room and our rooms have had various views, always comfortable and spacious. Close by to Orcutt for a nice breakfast or dinner in Nipoma. This is our base to go wine tasting up to SLO, Paso or Santa Maria wine trail. Sunday morning they ave brunch with live music, very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on airport side even though not too busy but beautiful view. Actually all rooms are...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Nancy,
Thank you so much for the great review! I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of the wonderful wine country that our surrounding areas offer.We have been renovating the hotel over the past months and we are delighted that you noticed all of our efforts. We are looking forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Maria
Travelodge Santa Maria
#6 of 20 in Santa Maria
4.0 of 5 stars 426 reviews
Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Maria

Been to Radisson Hotel Santa Maria? Share your experiences!