“Radisson Santa Maria” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 19 hotels in Santa Maria
Valencia, California
“Radisson Santa Maria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this Radisson three times and will return. This hotel is perfect if you are wine tasting through Santa Ynez and up the Foxen trail into Sant Maria. Why drive back to Solvang? I am a Club Carlson member and found this hotel through thier website, and it has worked out great. We will stay the night here, then head up to Paso the next day and continue our wine tours. A great value for the money. If you have not eaten at the Vintners grill, you are missing a great meal. Santa Maria is known for there BBQ, but not there is not many fine dinning around the town. Vintners grill has a great seafood and steak menu. Try the shrimp and scallop pasta...mmmm good! Decent wine selection as well. As I said, we will return in the future when we come up to pick up our wine!

Room Tip: Corner suites are the way to go!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Ron! Thank you for giving such a amazing review of our property. I am so delighted to hear that you were able to come back to the Radisson after a fabulous day of wine tasting and enjoy a wonderful meat at Vintner's! It is comments like yours that let us know we are doing a good job and we appreciate your kind words very much. We cant wait to see you next time you come to the area, Thank you!

174 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

In it's day, it might have been nicer. It was showing it's age. The rooms were smaller than usual, the balcony even smaller. There was only enough room for one chair and a small table. I paid extra for the balcony overlooking the pool, don't bother. Most rooms that over look the pool are walled in and you have to stand to see it. The atrium area was nice if you wanted to read a book, it was QUIET. I liked the lounge, you could order food to go or eat there. The music was a pleasant surprise. The food and drink prices were a good value. I would stay here again, but not pay for the balcony pool view.

Room Tip: don't pay extra for the balcony rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Suniday50,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed our dinning facilities during your stay and that you appreciated the quite relaxing atmosphere we strive to provide for our guests here at the Radisson Hotel Santa Maria. However I do apologize that you were not more satisfied with your balcony view during your stay and we hope that next time you visit you will be more pleased with your accommodations. We very much appreciate your comments and we hope to see you again when you travel back to the area, thank you!
Central Coast, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I recently had a 5 day event at the Radisson and spent several peaking planning it - speaking and dealing with staff. Once my event started, at any given time, there were 51 participants in my group who was at the hotel 24/7. The hotel met all of our needs. Their staff was friendly, effective and efficient. The hotel was very clean, warm and inviting. The food was great. This is by far, the #1 hotel in Santa Maria. Trust me, I live in Santa Maria and I know the offerings of all hotels here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Although my stay, from Nov 8th (Thu) to Nov 11th (Sun), was a corporate arrangement, the quality of my stay here was excellent. The hotel is conveniently located by Santa Maria Airport (SMX), and the drive from the airport rental car lot to the hotel took only a minute. Upon my arrival at the hotel, I was greeted by the front desk staff who had already prepared the paperwork and my room keys. Check-in was a breeze and soon I found myself in a single room on the 4th floor with a balcony facing the hotel atrium. The room was very clean and bed is very large and comfortable. The only improvement I would suggest is to provide pillows of different softness, as all pillows provided were rather soft and I had to stack two pillows together. Saturday was my free day to venture around the area. As this was my first visit to the central coastal area of Cali, I approached the front desk for travel advice. Karen, Director of Sales, was very friendly and gave a list of recommended things to do in the area and an area map.
Breakfast at the atrium cafe, which is included in my room rate, was a buffet style breakfast with eggs, sausage, bacon, bread, fruits etc. The selection could improve a bit but the overall quality was very satisfactory.

Just wanted to add one note that can be improved. Saturday night there was a wedding reception on first floor. Throughout the night there were kids running around the floor making noises, and the people sitting in the atrium were so loud that I could hear them through the balcony door even though it was completely shut.

I am very pleased by the hospitality and the quality of the hotel and will definitely consider it for future travel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Alfred T,
Wow! thank you for such a great in depth review of your stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay and we have noted your recommendations you brought to our attention as well. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again when you are back in the area, Thank you!
Seal Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've stayed here quite a few times when I head into town to visit family. Overall it's a clean hotel. I try to get the corner suite that has a patio/seating area where I can sit outside and admire all the planes at the airport. Although some of the patio furniture can be updated. They have a decent brunch in the morning if you need to grab a quick breakfast. Overall I'd recommend this place if you're looking for a room on this end of town (Orcutt) that's clean and has professional staff. And you gotta love the sleep number beds!!!!

Room Tip: Corner Suite, has balcony and seating with a table. And a separate living area from the bedroom
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed here at the Radisson many times. Very comfortable. Enjoy the jacuzzi, exercise room and our rooms have had various views, always comfortable and spacious. Close by to Orcutt for a nice breakfast or dinner in Nipoma. This is our base to go wine tasting up to SLO, Paso or Santa Maria wine trail. Sunday morning they ave brunch with live music, very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on airport side even though not too busy but beautiful view. Actually all rooms are...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Nancy,
Thank you so much for the great review! I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of the wonderful wine country that our surrounding areas offer.We have been renovating the hotel over the past months and we are delighted that you noticed all of our efforts. We are looking forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The hotel is located right next to the Santa Maria airport (we had a room facing the road and had no noise issues) but there is nothing else within walking distance. However, it worked well for us as we used it as a base for touring the Santa Barbara/San Luis Obispo area. The rooms are built around a large internal courtyard and some of the rooms have a balcony overlooking the courtyard, the buffet breakfast area is below on the ground floor. Nice rooms which have been redecorated recently (accidentally pressed the button for the 3rd floor and it had been stripped of all hallway carpeting so I'm guessing they're currently redoing that floor). Our room had a comfortable armchair and footstool which is always a big plus; it also had a refrigerator, microwave and coffee machine.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Hotel Santa Maria? Share your experiences!