“Great room and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
A Getaway for 2
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Santa Maria
San Francisco, California
“Great room and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Although my stay, from Nov 8th (Thu) to Nov 11th (Sun), was a corporate arrangement, the quality of my stay here was excellent. The hotel is conveniently located by Santa Maria Airport (SMX), and the drive from the airport rental car lot to the hotel took only a minute. Upon my arrival at the hotel, I was greeted by the front desk staff who had already prepared the paperwork and my room keys. Check-in was a breeze and soon I found myself in a single room on the 4th floor with a balcony facing the hotel atrium. The room was very clean and bed is very large and comfortable. The only improvement I would suggest is to provide pillows of different softness, as all pillows provided were rather soft and I had to stack two pillows together. Saturday was my free day to venture around the area. As this was my first visit to the central coastal area of Cali, I approached the front desk for travel advice. Karen, Director of Sales, was very friendly and gave a list of recommended things to do in the area and an area map.
Breakfast at the atrium cafe, which is included in my room rate, was a buffet style breakfast with eggs, sausage, bacon, bread, fruits etc. The selection could improve a bit but the overall quality was very satisfactory.

Just wanted to add one note that can be improved. Saturday night there was a wedding reception on first floor. Throughout the night there were kids running around the floor making noises, and the people sitting in the atrium were so loud that I could hear them through the balcony door even though it was completely shut.

I am very pleased by the hospitality and the quality of the hotel and will definitely consider it for future travel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Alfred T,
Wow! thank you for such a great in depth review of your stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay and we have noted your recommendations you brought to our attention as well. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again when you are back in the area, Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Seal Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've stayed here quite a few times when I head into town to visit family. Overall it's a clean hotel. I try to get the corner suite that has a patio/seating area where I can sit outside and admire all the planes at the airport. Although some of the patio furniture can be updated. They have a decent brunch in the morning if you need to grab a quick breakfast. Overall I'd recommend this place if you're looking for a room on this end of town (Orcutt) that's clean and has professional staff. And you gotta love the sleep number beds!!!!

Room Tip: Corner Suite, has balcony and seating with a table. And a separate living area from the bedroom
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed here at the Radisson many times. Very comfortable. Enjoy the jacuzzi, exercise room and our rooms have had various views, always comfortable and spacious. Close by to Orcutt for a nice breakfast or dinner in Nipoma. This is our base to go wine tasting up to SLO, Paso or Santa Maria wine trail. Sunday morning they ave brunch with live music, very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on airport side even though not too busy but beautiful view. Actually all rooms are...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Nancy,
Thank you so much for the great review! I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of the wonderful wine country that our surrounding areas offer.We have been renovating the hotel over the past months and we are delighted that you noticed all of our efforts. We are looking forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The hotel is located right next to the Santa Maria airport (we had a room facing the road and had no noise issues) but there is nothing else within walking distance. However, it worked well for us as we used it as a base for touring the Santa Barbara/San Luis Obispo area. The rooms are built around a large internal courtyard and some of the rooms have a balcony overlooking the courtyard, the buffet breakfast area is below on the ground floor. Nice rooms which have been redecorated recently (accidentally pressed the button for the 3rd floor and it had been stripped of all hallway carpeting so I'm guessing they're currently redoing that floor). Our room had a comfortable armchair and footstool which is always a big plus; it also had a refrigerator, microwave and coffee machine.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
La Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel! We had a big event to attend in the evening and decided it would be worth spending a little more and staying at the same hotel where the event was located. We came into town early and the hotel was happy to let us check in 3-4 hours before check in time. I have had problems with other hotels allowing this in this area. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. We were asked if we wanted a room facing the air strip and my husband was thrilled. It was fun to sit on the chaise lounge and watch the small private planes take off and land! The rooms were clean and well decorated. The Television is a nice flat screen with a game system set up(our son would have loved that)! The part we loved the best was the Select Comfort Bed! We each set our own sleep number and slept in comfort! We enjoyed a wonderful meal at the event that was prepared by the hotel food service and it was wonderful. We were also told that the breakfast here is amazing. We were unable to enjoy a breakfast at the hotel as we were leaving to meet our daughter for breakfast. We will definitely spend the money to stay here again!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a little balcony overlooking the beautiful lobby, others look over the pool, and oth...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MEATH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Spent a night with our 3 children at the radisson Hotel and we were very impressed with the hotel, the service and indeed the staff, in particular the front desk, Taylor had no problem showing us a room before we booked as we were concerned there might be noise from the airport. He was very helpful and efficient. Room was lovely, absolutely no noise and great big comfortable beds with the usual amenities. We were given a 15% discount card which encouraged us to eat in the restaurant and the food was lovely and the staff were very nice to the children. All in all a great hotel, we were delighted and will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review! We appreciate your kind words and I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay and that our staff was able to accommodate you. We look forward to seeing again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Rialto, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for the first and last time recently. We paid extra to get a room with a view of the airport. My husband is a big plane lover and we wanted to get a room so he could watch the airplanes come and go. The room we were given was at the south end of the hotel, and there were very few airplanes to observe. We also expected a room with a balcony, but it did not have one. It was hard to view anything from the little couch we had by the window. Our biggest complaint was that the room was directly above the pool. There was an exterior corridor outside the room above the pool. The noise from the pool area was horrible. There was a large group of what appeared to be a college sports team who had no problem talking and yelling at the top of their lungs. We complained to the front desk, but nothing was done. The pool is open until 10 PM so we had to put up with the noise until them. I had sleepless nights while staying there. This was the first time I slept on a sleep number bed, which they had in the room. It was the worst bed I ever slept on. l could not adjust the air level on the bed - it kept going back to the orginal setting. The bathroom was SMALL and the floor slippery when wet...almost fell a couple times. We bought the "ROMANCE PACKAGE", which had champage and free dinner and breakfast voucers. We asked for the champage to be delivered at 7pm and it was delivered at 9...we were tired from our trip and were awaken by contstant knocks at the door by the housekeeper who delivered the champagne to our room. We were too tired to enjoy it by then, and kept it on the counter in our room. The dinner vouchers were great, as the resteraunt there was expensive. The food was very good but they have a limited menu. The breakfast was buffet style, but good.
When we got our hotel bill the night before we left, we found that they had charged all the dinners to our credit card. We had vouchers for two free dinners, but they charged them to our bill anyway. We talked to the desk clerk who said he was going to clear the charges. This took more than a week to clear up, and I had to make a couple of calls to talk to the hotel manager about removing the charges. We were very unsatisfied with our hotel experience there and will not return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
JLG174, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Santa Maria, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so much for writing a review on our property, we appreciate your feedback. However, Some of the comments you mentioned do not meet our Radisson standards and I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. We are working diligently to make our sleep number beds more user friendly and we hope this will eliminate these problem. Also I understand you had to experience the noise of other guests and I do apologize for this, we do our best to enforce our noise curfew however too often some team members do not comply. I have passed on your comments regarding your romance package to our front desk team and they will be using this helpful feedback to fine tune our operations.

We hope that in the future you will give us another opportunity to restore your guest satisfaction, thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Maria
Days Inn Santa Maria
Days Inn Santa Maria
#8 of 20 in Santa Maria
3.5 of 5 stars 146 reviews

Been to Radisson Hotel Santa Maria? Share your experiences!