“Good bones, BAD housekeeping & poorly maintained.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Colonial Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Maria
Colonial Motel
1866 S Broadway, Santa Maria, CA 93454   |
Ranked #15 of 19 hotels in Santa Maria
Fresno, California
“Good bones, BAD housekeeping & poorly maintained.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

I stayed for 5 days in one a room with a king bed.
The real problem with this hotel is that the room is filthy! The bathroom vanity had soap residue from previous occupant and the wood vanity itself had grime built up on the front of it. The counter top has a layer of grime built up on it, especially on the ledge and corners and the faucet runs constantly.
The shower was stained and had soap residue built up on the ledges and the bathroom itself had a moisture problem. There was a layer of mold around handle and spout area as well as around the small window that opens up to a parking lot.
The TV had water rings on top of it from previous occupants drinks and the dresser that the TV sits on had crud spilled down the front.
The carpet was not very worn, but it was stained in a few places...nothing that a good steam cleaning would not take care of, but dirty none the less.
The baseboard near the entry door was pulled away from the wall with rough metal and nails exposed.
The overall room decor is very outdated. The drapes are horribly stained, tattered and poorly hung and fitted. I had to rearrange the hook so that my window was properly covered.
I found the cap of a hypodermic needle near the nightstand...could have been a diabetics, but judging from the razor scratches on the bathroom vanity I believe otherwise.
I will not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

4 people have reviewed this hotel

San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I guess there was a reason the this was the only motel with any availabilty in the State of California... From the outside it did look ok but the inside... two dbl beds didn't fit in the room... one bed was up against the air conditioner... the drapes were fraying where they had cut with sissors around air conditioner... Beds were totally uncomfortable, worst night sleep ever...Over charged me big time I paid $120.00 to stay other wise I would have had to drive all night to get home... If I didn't have the family with me I would have... I was ready to stay in a roach motel and accept the place was a dump for a price of $60.00 But since I feel ripped off I'm writing this review...
I would say this dump would be worth $30.00 per night at the most...
Next time I will look ahead and book a nice place to stay.. What an experience...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2006

The worst hotel in California. They charged us 77us$ for a room with dirt and dust. It seems nice from the outside but it is awful inside. Everything was smelling bad and look bad inside the room. The carpet was not clean at all and you will have to keep you sandals to take a shower. There was holes in the walls and insects in the room.

Been to Colonial Motel? Share your experiences!