“It sucked” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Colonial Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Maria
Colonial Motel
You added Colonial Motel to your Saves list
1866 S Broadway, Santa Maria, CA 93454   |
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Santa Maria
Los Angeles, California
“It sucked”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This was the second worst place I've ever stayed in. I was nervous about touching the sheets; everything was dingy. We decided not to use the shower. One light didn't have a bulb in it and the light outside the bathroom didn't work. The furniture was beat up. The water in the toilet ran on and off randomly--and loudly. There were a lot of people hanging around outside talking all night long. It sounded like a party was going on in the room below us. My husband thought maybe there were prostitutes there. He also thought some of the people who were living in the motel might have been recently released from the nearby Atascadero State Hospital. We would not have stayed at this motel if we could see the conditions before paying. We did consider giving up the money we paid to go to another hotel but ended up staying. Between the noisy toilet, other guests, and my nervousness about the lack of cleanliness, I got very little sleep. When we left, there was no one at the desk. All we saw was a sign that told us to leave our key and NOT to ring the bell. We paid less at much better--and much cleaner--places with more amenities the rest of our road trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

I stayed for 5 days in one a room with a king bed.
The real problem with this hotel is that the room is filthy! The bathroom vanity had soap residue from previous occupant and the wood vanity itself had grime built up on the front of it. The counter top has a layer of grime built up on it, especially on the ledge and corners and the faucet runs constantly.
The shower was stained and had soap residue built up on the ledges and the bathroom itself had a moisture problem. There was a layer of mold around handle and spout area as well as around the small window that opens up to a parking lot.
The TV had water rings on top of it from previous occupants drinks and the dresser that the TV sits on had crud spilled down the front.
The carpet was not very worn, but it was stained in a few places...nothing that a good steam cleaning would not take care of, but dirty none the less.
The baseboard near the entry door was pulled away from the wall with rough metal and nails exposed.
The overall room decor is very outdated. The drapes are horribly stained, tattered and poorly hung and fitted. I had to rearrange the hook so that my window was properly covered.
I found the cap of a hypodermic needle near the nightstand...could have been a diabetics, but judging from the razor scratches on the bathroom vanity I believe otherwise.
I will not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I guess there was a reason the this was the only motel with any availabilty in the State of California... From the outside it did look ok but the inside... two dbl beds didn't fit in the room... one bed was up against the air conditioner... the drapes were fraying where they had cut with sissors around air conditioner... Beds were totally uncomfortable, worst night sleep ever...Over charged me big time I paid $120.00 to stay other wise I would have had to drive all night to get home... If I didn't have the family with me I would have... I was ready to stay in a roach motel and accept the place was a dump for a price of $60.00 But since I feel ripped off I'm writing this review...
I would say this dump would be worth $30.00 per night at the most...
Next time I will look ahead and book a nice place to stay.. What an experience...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2006

The worst hotel in California. They charged us 77us$ for a room with dirt and dust. It seems nice from the outside but it is awful inside. Everything was smelling bad and look bad inside the room. The carpet was not clean at all and you will have to keep you sandals to take a shower. There was holes in the walls and insects in the room.

Been to Colonial Motel? Share your experiences!