“unique and wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Walnut Creek, CA
“unique and wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Amazing menu, "knock-you-out" flavors. We go again and again. Don't be in a hurry, however. The kitchen is an "all by hand" operation so you have to be patient is you're there at a busy time.

Visited December 2012

87% Recommend
Santa Cruz, California, United States
“Authentic sri Lankan and Southern Indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Friendly service, exotic though not too spicy foods, samall portions to help keep you on that diet. Might be called: A piece of Heaven in a hole-in-the-wall. Not for the Zagat-Guide type

mountain view ca
“My Favorite Restaurant in Santa Cruz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I've been going to this place for years and I love it. I run an Inn by the boardwalk and I recommend this place to my guests all the time. It's got great unique food and a nice Santa Cruz vibe, with the relaxed atmosphere and the fresh/organic ingredients they use.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pasadena, CA
“Vegetarian's heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Came here on the Santa Cruz food tour. The food was fantastic and the place is so quiet and beautiful. Come here for great vegetarian lunch!

Visited June 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Flavorful vegetarian fare wonderfully prepared.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012 via mobile

We visited Malabar for dinner after seeing the reviews posted here. We were not disappointed - the flavors are complex, the portions more than ample, and the menu is extensive. We arrived around 5:45 and had no issues with getting in and receiving gods service. We tried the vegan ice cream for dessert - never had it before - very nice change and home made. I will visit Malabar / Asian Roae cafe every time I return to Santa Cruz!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere