“great for a quick bite or bakery items” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 329 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Santa Cruz, California
“great for a quick bite or bakery items”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We recently purchased a mango cheesecake from The Buttery. Wow, was it good. They were so nice to ask if we wanted any writing on the cake....yes, we did! We had a new grand daughter's birth to celebrate. We took the cake to the family and everyone loved it.

I have also eaten lunch there and they always have a good selection of items. It is sometime difficult to narrow down what you actually want as it is all good. I particularly like their salad choices. Always fresh and good.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Honolulu, Hawaii
“deeliteful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We had breakfast at the Buttery. Both my wife and her friend had some kind of Mex., dish which started out being too hot but later on it got better. I had the two eggs, ham, on rye. I held the cheese. The sandwich ended up being very plain and disgusting. But the guy next to me had something w/ the chibata bread that looked real good. These guys have fabulous food it was just my bad that I ordered the wrong thing.
I did buy $29 worth of pastries from them and every one was a real treat. The peanut butter cookies, the ginger cookies, vanilla pastries are excellent.
These guys have a lot of good stuff and some lousy ones too. I think 9/10 customers will be pleased with these guys.

Bon Appetite!

NUFF SAID!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Ramon, California
“Fresh and Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The food is locally sourced and so fresh! The sandwiches and salads are awesome! Don't forget to visit the bakery side, cakes, cupcakes, cookies and fresh breads that are to die for! Decent prices, fun local presence and a charming outdoor patio.

Visited May 2014
Las Vegas, NV
“Gourmet meal + casual setting = Perfect breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Liked: Menu, food quality, speed of service, pricing. We had breakfast and the deli counter selections for lunch were so tempting and healthy that I wish we could have returned for lunch! The huevos rancheros dish was delicious and SPICY, and the croque madame was not traditional but a treat. It's amazing what simple ingredients, combined with attention to balancing flavors, can create.

Dislikes: First-timers should ask what the process is for ordering food and getting seating. There was a long line on both sides of the restaurant (one required you to take a number) and all tables were full. Take a number and head to the left side if you are looking for bakery takeout. Get in the line to the right if you want to order food to dine in and have someone else in your party grab a table.

Visited May 2014
Santa Cruz, California
“Yummy, Yummy, Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The name says it all - rich and buttery everything whether that be the perfect sweet-tart lemon bars, amazing cakes or the best peanut butter cookies ever.

I'm glad this isn't close to home - it could be dangerous :).

• Visited May 2014