“this place is excellent!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 292 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Dining options: Coffee & Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch
Dining options: Coffee & Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch
Santa Cruz, California
“this place is excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I recommend this place to everyone. every year on my birthday or my dads birthday or my grandpas birthday or somebody else in the families birthday my grandmother would always always buy a cake from the buttery here in santa cruz. they make the best cakes. there all delicious but i would def. recommend the carrot cake. i remember my grandma got me two cakes a couple years just cus she couldn't decide on which one she wanted to get.....and guess what, they were both excellent.

Visited September 2012

Berkeley, California
“Best birthday cakes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

My family has always bought their birthday and holiday cakes from the Buttery for years. The Bakery box has always reminded me of my childhood birthday parties. If only they made gluten free cakes (they do have a flourless mousse torte which I haven't tried). My favorites are mint dark chocolate chip and chocolate hazelnut. Yum!! They also have a wide variety of fresh breads (lots of bagettes!), cheesecakes, baked goods (cupcakes, cookies, etc) AND a little cafe with savory dishes. There are a few tables outside and a few more inside - it is a rather small space so if you go on a weekend morning expect to wait. It's a good place to grab a pastry or hot sandwich on Soquel.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Buttery has the best pasteries in Santa Cruz. Standouts include the carrot cake cupcakes and the macaroons.

Visited December 2012
“Good food from scratch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Everything is made with care and quality. It does a great business and is also know for its cakes. Parking is in the back.

Visited December 2012
Monterey Bay
“One of the best Bakeries in Santa Cruz Couty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stop by here about every two months to pick up a fresh baked loaf of bread, since I am in the neighborhood.
Then I leave with bread, and at least another half dozen of their baked sweet goods. I am not a pumpkin pie fan, but their pumpkin cheesecake is out of this world.
They have been a dependable source for birthday cakes - which we have enjoyed over the years.

Visited November 2012