“Don't Need To State The OBVIOUS!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Chaminade Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1 Chaminade Lane, Santa Cruz, CA 95065   |
Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Pleasanton, California
“Don't Need To State The OBVIOUS!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have read a few reviews and I don't feel the need to state the obvious! This place was amazing! I took my husband here for his 30th and it was so nice of the staff to sign a birthday card for him and give us the red carpet treatment. I love how this resort makes you feel like you are worlds away from all the normal hustle and busel of daily life but, yet it is not far from lots of things to do. I can't wait to go back!! The trails are great too and oh yeah! We saw a Bobcat Cub while eating breakfast!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ChaminadeResort, General Manager at Chaminade Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
We are delighted to hear that your husband's birthday weekend was a huge success! Glad you enjoyed the card and red carpet treatment. Also thank you for being a faithful Chaminade Resort & Spa Facebook fan.....come back soon to celebrate your birthday! Sincerely, Kevin Herbst, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Recently stayed at Chaminade Resort and Spa for a corporate retreat. The staff is excellent and provides great service. Rooms are located in two-story buildings around the large campus with the pool in the center. We found out the pool was closed for the week we were there so it would have been nice to know that ahead of time before we booked additional nights. The rooms are clean but a bit dated. Make sure you ask for the 2nd story as the noise for those staying lower was noticeable. There were no elevators in the buildings around the quad. Parking too can be a bit iffy if there is an event but there is valet parking and they do have a van to take you to your building if needed. The campus has walking trails and is very close to down town Santa Cruz but secluded enough that you feel you are in a nature retreat. There are tennis courts, pool, hot tub, and the spa with work out area. Meals were buffet style throughout the conference but the bar does have take away as well as light meals. Breakfast was not included in the rate on our extra days and there is a $20/day resort fee.

Room Tip: Ask for second story (it is quieter), building 500 is next to the spa and work out area and across f...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive comments on all aspects here at Chaminade Resort & Spa. We do pride ourselves on our four diamond service and amenities. Please come back soon, for a company retreat or a weekend away from the city. Thank you - Kevin Herbst, General Manager
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This resort really has a secluded feel to it. I attended a business meeting here in October 2012.

Rooms are spread across small buildings extending from the main building. The pool and gym are more centralized. Very well kept grounds.

The room was very average, maybe a little dated. Bedding and linens were OK. Nice working desk and small sitting area in my room. Free wifi.

The gym was large with lots of equipment, but the cardio machines were a bit old (e.g. shared TV's).

Food quality was good at the restaurant. Good variety and comfortable dining areas.

Room Tip: Look at the grounds and decide if you want to be close/far from the main building depending on the r...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review. Your feedback has been well received and we look forward to welcoming you in the future. Sincerely, Kevin Herbst, General Manager
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I recently completed a Meeting for my Organization at Chaminade. I did not have much time to plan and the staff, specifically Sarah Greathouse and Diane Fitzgerald were amazing! They knew just what to do and how to manage my group(about 100 people). The food is excellent and the atmosphere is wonderful. I was assisted from food selection to amount to order and the captains assigned to my events were equally as knowledgeable. I was never in search of someone to assist me - staff was always around to help and facilitate.

I appreciated very much their professionalism and assistance. Sarah and Diane know what they are doing and that is an invaluable quality when meeting planner is one of many "hats" that I wear. I completely relied on their expertise for food and venue choices and they did not let me down.

Planning the event was a breeze and it went off without a hitch. My group will be returning soon to have the same wonderful experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
We are delighted to hear such wonderful comments regarding our staff and service here at Chaminade Resort & Spa. Looking forward to your making your next offsite a success! - Kevin Herbst, General Manager
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Atmosphere was awesome. Loved the location and how you feel as though you are far away, yet the town is right there. The room was comfortable and welcoming. This was a well needed anniversary getaway and being welcomed at such a beautiful place made the stay amazing, relaxing and very peaceful....CANT WAIT TO GO BACK!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review. We are delighted to hear that your anniversary was amazing, relaxing and peaceful. Come back soon! - Kevin Herbst, General Manager
Walnut Creek, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

They have nice outdoor layout, but inside our room I can only say it is average. The leather on the arm of one of the two chars is worn out badly. You probably will see something like that at a garage sale in a poor neighborhood. Bathroom is WAY too small. The hot water switch is not functioning properly. The bed is even worse. There are a lot of feather stems stick thru the sheet which makes the bed quite spiky. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and this is something first time ever happened to me.

Be aware they have $20 so-called 'resort fee' on top of the room charge.

Having said above, they do have nice outdoor pool and tennis courts. The two shaded trails are also very enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ChaminadeResort, Manager at Chaminade Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies that your experience was less than top notch. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. I would love the opportunity to discuss the issues mentioned in your review, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at kherbst@chaminade.com.

Warm regards, Kevin Herbst General Manager
Aptos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Last year, about this time, my now husband and I were looking for a wonderful setting to have our June 2012 wedding. We were on a budget and had no idea of the actual cost and work that went into planning a wedding . Our guests list was 70 people including the children that were invited and we wanted quality combined with elegance and fun!

I was the lucky one who got to go out for the initial investigation of sites and services in the Santa Cruz area. Within in the first 2 weeks I was depressed that most places did not include services and there were site fees along with extra charges for wedding coordination, Las Vegas was looking really good, but not what we wanted.

A friends recommend going to The Chaminade we thought, no way could we afford this amazing venue. Then we met Angela Edmond, wedding coordinator/fairy godmother/miracle worker. Angela was relaxed, efficient, kind warm and so friendly we felt at ease right away. She gave us all sorts of budget options, some ideas we had never considered. Our package included all the food, I mean appetizer, main meal, cake everything. She was able to break every thing down and we could not believe what we really could afford to have our wedding day at The Chaminade. The grounds were beautiful, the view was spectacular, the staff all very professional and friendly. But when we found out that Angela came with the entire event, we were sold.

Angela not only took every call from us about all sorts of wedding crazy brain ideas and thoughts, she also coordinated everything down to putting the favors on the tables, working with the florist and photographer, I mean everything.
The Chaminade has a full Event Tasting months before the wedding so we could choose the appetizers, main dishes, cake, wines, all displayed beautifully.

Here is the end of our story and proof the with Angela's help and The Chaminade's Staff, this really was the best place to get married in Santa Cruz, our wedding day was beyond amazing. The banquet manager, Shannon Del Carlo, is one of the nicest people I have ever met. She came by our table several times to see if she could get us food, or wine , or help us in anyway possible. She did a great job at blending in and making everyone feel invited. My dad who is 80 years old said "Honey, your wedding day was beautiful and the food was good too". Thank you Angela and The Chaminade for helping us have such wonderful wedding day memories.

Best to you all,
Dave and Holly Hibbard
Aptos,CA

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We are delighted to hear that your wedding day was a dream come true AND the service from our employees was TOP NOTCH! Congratulations to you both!

Been to Chaminade Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!