I reserved a "Classic Queen" room. I reviewed all the pictures online and what was online showed very nice rooms; however, that was not the case when I saw my room. It was very tiny and would be difficult for two people to walk around in the room. The bed was not queen size but instead a double because my queen bed at home is larger than the one in the room.
Their was no air conditioner in the room other than a box fan that I found stuffed in a closet in the room. The mattress on the bed was one of the worst mattresses I have every slept on. It was nosy and lumpy. The room is very outdated in decor. The bathroom was tiny and also very outdated.
My friend came with me on the trip and he also reserved the same room "classic queen" but had made his reservation several days later. His room was actually the family suite. I went to the lobby to complain and was told that there are only 4 "classic queen" rooms and once they are sold out then guests get upgraded. He was upgraded to the nicer room even though I had made my reservation prior to his. I also told him that the bed was not a queen and he said it was. I was very disappointed with the room and would not stay at this hotel again. The pictures on the internet were misleading regarding this type of room.
The shower had a tiled ceiling and what was interesting was that there was one tile that had been removed and replaced directly over the shower head with another tile that was different in color and style. It had open slits in it and I could see into the attic space. It made me wonder if there was a camera in that space. It was very odd and I took a picture of it.
The only thing good was the location of the hotel and the parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historical Casablanca Inn is strategically located across the street from the Santa Cruz beach, a block away from the wharf and the boardwalk. All our rooms are beautifully decorated and have a breathtaking view of the beach. Some of our rooms have a unique design which reflects the distinct character of the historic Cerf Mansion. Over the years, the Casablanca Inn has been fortunate enough to cater to some of the most influential and famous personalities of our time, which has immensely appreciated the elegance that our hotel has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Casablanca Inn on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casablanca Inn And Bistro
- Casablanca Inn & Bistro Hotel Santa Cruz
- Casa Blanca Hotel
- Casa Blanca Motel