“Location was great. Room was terrible.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Casablanca Inn on the Beach

Save Saved
You added Casablanca Inn on the Beach to your Saves list
Casablanca Inn on the Beach
3.5 of 5 Motel   |   101 Main Street, corner of Beach and Main, Santa Cruz, CA 95060 (Formerly The Casablanca Inn)   |
Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Fresno, California
“Location was great. Room was terrible.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I reserved a "Classic Queen" room. I reviewed all the pictures online and what was online showed very nice rooms; however, that was not the case when I saw my room. It was very tiny and would be difficult for two people to walk around in the room. The bed was not queen size but instead a double because my queen bed at home is larger than the one in the room.

Their was no air conditioner in the room other than a box fan that I found stuffed in a closet in the room. The mattress on the bed was one of the worst mattresses I have every slept on. It was nosy and lumpy. The room is very outdated in decor. The bathroom was tiny and also very outdated.

My friend came with me on the trip and he also reserved the same room "classic queen" but had made his reservation several days later. His room was actually the family suite. I went to the lobby to complain and was told that there are only 4 "classic queen" rooms and once they are sold out then guests get upgraded. He was upgraded to the nicer room even though I had made my reservation prior to his. I also told him that the bed was not a queen and he said it was. I was very disappointed with the room and would not stay at this hotel again. The pictures on the internet were misleading regarding this type of room.

The shower had a tiled ceiling and what was interesting was that there was one tile that had been removed and replaced directly over the shower head with another tile that was different in color and style. It had open slits in it and I could see into the attic space. It made me wonder if there was a camera in that space. It was very odd and I took a picture of it.

The only thing good was the location of the hotel and the parking.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, do not book the classic queen rooms.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Our room was a fantastic mini apartment with little living room with fireplace, windows on two sides, fridge / freezer, kettle etc, and bedroom with windows on two sides lots of closet space, and a cute little bathroom with a great shower. Staff were helpful and friendly, with Enrique and Prabesh fixing us up with a great rate for a great room despite being very full and us not having made a reservation. Excellent find!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Our room wasn't ready when we arrived. Not too big a deal as we spent some time in downtown Santa Cruz doing a little eating and shopping. When we came back, our family suite was ready. I didn't mind the wait! SUPER clean room. Enough space for all of us. Comfortable beds made for a good sleep for kids and parents. Close to everything we wanted to do and was a nice place to have some down time after a busy day on the Boardwalk. We look forward to staying here on our next visit to Santa Cruz.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Nice rooms, old charm. Tashon at the front desk was really great, accommodating and helpful. Possibly the only employee that we directly dealt with that deserves a great review. The over night employee I cannot say the same about. We moved to a different room (the captains suite) the second night after deciding to stay another night from our initial stay in what was originally supposed to be room 7 (which I was told over the phone I had been locked in) and got moved to room 10, less view but not a huge deal. Aside from that small fact the second night we got woken up at 12:30 AM by the night employee coming into our room with 2 new guests trying to check them in. Not fun, not pleased. We received a call from Raina after leaving who was very nice and apologetic, offered nice accommodations for our next stay but could not offer anything for our current one. Not sure we'll be staying here again after quite a few mishaps but definetely appreciated the efforts from tashon and Raina. Definetely a bit pricey to be dealing with all the extra shenanigans and lack of sleep from thinking we were being broken into.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

After staying in several different rooms and suites at the casa Blanca this is officially my favorite vacation spot right on the beach....!!! I love their layout and floor plans they're so spacious and homey ... I recommend all stay...

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Save your money and stay at another run down motel down the street. It feels like a motel 6 & is pictured as much nicer. I would never stay here again. Awful awful awful. I wish someone would have warned me, now that your reading be warned.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The location is perfect, the staff is helpful, the room was beautiful, and even the Thai restaurant was amazing. Over all it was an amazing time and a perfect place. I hope to return real soon. Thank you soo much.

• Stayed September 2014

Been to Casablanca Inn on the Beach? Share your experiences!