We stayed two nights in room 19, Cerf mansion queen, upstairs. I felt it was overpriced at almost $200 per night in November and not even a king sized bed. They had a real nice continental breakfast layout, though it could get crowded and is all carry-out. This location is right across from the pier, but so many steps - Oy! This is an old building with squeaky stairs. There were coffee makers in the room, but you had to use bathroom sink water which tasted like it came from a hose and your coffee was ruined. Advice - go downstairs and get a good cup of java. The staff was friendly and accessible. The bed and bedding were deluxe and that's what I love, so no complaints there. The room was well appointed and tastefully decorated with a nice wide flat-screen tv and great ocean views. It could get a bit noisy with all those people funning in the sun, but I've heard worse. Our room had a small fridge and freezer, so we could bring home leftovers or ice cream from the shop a block away and save it for later. Or even bring our own food, but we didn't see a market in walking distance. The ice machine was out in the parking lot and you had to PAY FOR ICE! I find this criminal, to use a strong word. I had no change i my pockets, so went without - tragic on a hot afternoon. Plus, a glass of wine cost $9! I get my wine at Costco and just can't afford that class of wine. I wish I could give a better rating, but there are many hotels in that same area that are far less expensive. I felt this place charged too much for what you got.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historical Casablanca Inn is strategically located across the street from the Santa Cruz beach, a block away from the wharf and the boardwalk. All our rooms are beautifully decorated and have a breathtaking view of the beach. Some of our rooms have a unique design which reflects the distinct character of the historic Cerf Mansion. Over the years, the Casablanca Inn has been fortunate enough to cater to some of the most influential and famous personalities of our time, which has immensely appreciated the elegance that our hotel has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Casablanca Inn on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casablanca Inn & Bistro Hotel Santa Cruz
- Casablanca Inn And Bistro
- Casa Blanca Hotel
- Casa Blanca Motel