“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Rancho Cordova, California, United States
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This Best Western Plus All Suites Inn was pretty nice, check in was quick and the front desk clerk was friendly. Most Best Western charge a holding deposit for incidentals so just be aware that this property will hold a charge of $50 on your credit card, not a big deal for us. The room we got was two beds and a sofa bed, the room was large and accommodated two adults and two teenagers. this room was on the second floor and had a microwave, fridge, coffee/tea maker, two flat screen TV's, cups..ex... The beds were comfortable and for the most part the room satisfied us well. The parking is free; which is a plus and like some of the reviews, the parking stalls are very small, but parking is free. The breakfast each morning was great, usually from 6:30AM to 9:30AM, they usually have: eggs, sausage or bacon, yogurt, boiled eggs, toast, muffins, waffles, assorted cereals, oat meal, fruits, orange juice, cranberry juice, coffee, tea, milk, hot chocolate, so it was pretty nice of this hotel to offer breakfast.

They also offer free wifi which worked just fine, they also had free coffee and tea though out the day.

The only issue we had with our room happened at about 1AM when the air conditioning unit started to make a very weird noise then shut off. When I got up to look at it I noticed some ice coming out of the unit, I went down to the front desk and informed them of the issue and asked for two fans for the room, they were very quick in acknowledge the issue and gave us the fans right away and asked me if I wanted a maintenance person to come and look at the air conditioning. Since it was very late and the kids were asleep I declined; later that night the air conditioning did come back on.

For the most part, this Best Western was wonderful for us, Staff was friendly and the location to the Boardwalk is within a two minute drive, or walking is you wish. We will stay at this property again and would recommend this Best Western to other.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
BWAS95060, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS All Suites Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Goodness, thank you so much for this amazing and detailed review. I really appreciate your sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community! I’m glad to hear that we had everything you needed to make sure your family had an amazing experience, and that although you had a problem, we took care of you quickly and efficiently. We hope to see you and your family again soon!

Cindy McDonald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
FREMONT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Stayed in a room just opposite the check-in desk...very quiet at breakfast time even though the breakfast tables were also opposite our room.

The room had two parts, living area and bed area which was the furthest from the door so we didn't hear the breakfast people. There was one VERY LOUD noise while the upstairs people took a shower. It was a shocking, LOUD roaring against the wall and fortunately the folks all took their showers around 10 P.M. while we were still awake. I was surprised at such a loud noise in the wall, not in the ceiling.....poor plumbing construction. It would have been a problem had they been 6 A.M. bathers.

Room was spacious and clean. Parking was with very tight spaces so hope that someone doesn't ding your door opening theirs !!

Important to know this hotel is 1.18 miles from the entrance to the boardwalk so a long walk if you come with small children. I saw in another review that this BW provides tokens for transportation there. Not a concern for us as we were not there for the boardwalk. I have read multiple reviews about safety concerns walking in some areas by the boardwalk so caution to those walking the mile and a quarter, especially in the dark.

Breakfast really well done...eggs better than the average hotel powder eggs.....good orange juice and nice waffles among other things like hard boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, toast, muffins. Good job !

As usual we were pleased with BW quality and are frequent BW visitors. Would not want the same room, though, due to the roaring shower issue.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
BWAS95060, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS All Suites Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
WOW! Thank you for leaving such a detailed and lovely review of our property! I'm sorry that you had noise from the upstairs units showering, and I will check with my maintenance staff to see if there is anything that can be done to ease that noise frustration.
I appreciate your sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. The trolley to the beach and Boardwalk is a very quick 5 minute walk away, and definitely more advisable than making the walk all the way to the Wharf.
Our breakfast is one of my favorite aspects of our hotel. With waffle irons to make your own waffles, lots of choices, and freshly cooked Glenview Farms eggs which come to us in liquid form. They're definitely a lot tastier than any powdered eggs I have ever had.
We hope you will come to see us again soon, make sure you call us ahead of time and request a quiet room on the top floor so that you don't have to hear your upstairs neighbors showering.

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The staff was super friendly & helpful. Our door lock needed the batteries changed before we could check in. Clara the desk clerk worked with the maintenance man to get us into our room with in 15 minutes. My only complaint would be the street noise which can't be controlled by the hotel. We just turned on the room fan when we went to bed & it took care of that. We didn't take advantage of the breakfast, but did sample the coffee which was ok. I feel it was a little pricey but our $157 a night in Aug for a large room within walking distance of downtown wasn't too bad since I overhead someone else say they were paying $185. Parking was awesome & free as a bonus. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
Thanks so much for your awesome review! Clara really is a great asset to our team, and I will make sure to share your kind comments with her as soon as I see her. I'm glad to hear that you found a way to help with the street noise, next time you stay make sure to ask for a room off the street and we'll be happy to try to get you into one of our rooms which overlooks the residential neighborhood behind our property. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you get your next reservations all set. You can reach me at any time at cindy.mcdonald@bprproperties.com or by phone at 831-458-9898. We hope to see you again soon!

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Hotel staff was very helpful. Location was in a good part of town and easy to get to. Rooms were nice but could have used a deep cleaning. There is a $50 deposit for any damage to room but hey it doesn't matter as long as you treat the room as if it was your own because you will get the money back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks so much for your review! Our staff works hard to make sure all of our guests know we are here to help at any time. If you want to let me know which room you were in I will put it next on our deep cleaning schedule. You can contact me at any time at cindy.mcdonald@bprproperties.com or by phone at 831-458-9898. Hope to see you again soon!

Fresno, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The staff was very helpful. The hotel was neat and very clean. Our room was cool and comfortable and I wanted to take the bed home, it was that comfortable. The breakfast was a full breakfast and delicious. I would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks so much for your great review! Our beds really are very comfy, and the pillows are so soft and fluffy too! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and our full hot breakfast. We can't wait to see you again!

Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Wife and I took our two grand children. Facility has been updated, friendly service, free breakfast buffet, .Good for short stay and exploring the Boardwalk.
Hotel provides tokens foer trolley to beach located just 5 minute walk away.

Room Tip: # rd floor suites are larger. All fireplace/hot tub suites face a street
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
We're so happy you came to join us with your grandchildren, we love having kids here! The trolley to the beach and boardwalk is about a 5 minute walk away, and for only a quarter apiece you can't beat it for convenience or cost. We hope the next time you come to the Santa Cruz area you remember us!

Rocklin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

The hotel is easy to find and minutes from the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. You can walk to restaurants, great staff, very large rooms, great hotel experience. Free parking, internet and hot breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks so much for taking a moment to leave us a review! Our central location, and great amenities are reasons that so many of our guests love us so much and keep coming back! We hope to see you again soon.

Cindy McDonald

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS All Suites Inn? Share your experiences!