“Not sure . . .” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 51 hotels in Santa Cruz
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
“Not sure . . .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for one night while visiting UC Santa Cruz.
Pros: Woman on phone when booking was very very helpful.
Rooms are large and fairly clean
Decent breakfast
Priced well

Cons:
1. As a single woman traveling with a teenage daughter, I thought the area was a little iffy (at night). My main complaint is the partking garage is not secure. Anyone off the street can enter the garage, access the elevator, travel up to any of the floors and enter the hallways (which have no security door) completely bypassing the lobby and perhaps a watchful eye. I overheard the front desk person tell another guest that there was security in the parking garage all night; perhaps there was, but I was in and out of the garage between 7:00 p.m. and 11:00 and saw no security. I did however see a strange man sitting in his car for all those hours perhaps conducting business (based on observing him). He was also there when I left in the morning. Very odd.
2. The hairdryer in our room didn't work. Went to the front desk to ask for a replacement and they didn't have one. Absurd. Electrical items break all the time; to not have a replacement hair dryer is inexcusable. For this reason alone, I won't stay here again. They also didn't have a bottle opener, nor a table knife to slice a piece of fruit both of which I asked to use during my stay.
3. The parking is terrible. Very small spaces, many of which are for compact cars only. This caused guests with larger cars to take up two spaces, or take up a portion of the space next to them, which left very little room for another car to squeeze in. As I said before, there appeared to be a man conducting business and spending the night in his car.
4. Two TV's in the room, which is nice, but the one in front of the beds is very small and not flat screen. Not a big deal to me as I don't watch much TV, but I found the setup odd and have attached a picture.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the first floor near the lobby. That is where breakfast is served and it will...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
LGoldstein95060, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS All Suites Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your detailed review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear your concerns with our parking garage, but we do have security on shift at night to monitor the hotel and garage area. I am sorry we were unable to provide you with a knife and bottle opener, but as a limited service hotel we do not have a full kitchen on premises that contains these items. I will look into stocking these items for future guests who request these items, and appreciate your suggestion. We are currently in the process of replacing all TV’s in the hotel to 40” Flat screens and replaced one in each room and will switch out the second by next month. Again, Thank you for your time and suggestions to help us improve our hotel for future guests.

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place is great. I paid a very reasonable price and was treated like I was a guest at a fancy hotel. The manager, Mercedes, was so helpful. I told her ahead of time that I had allergies and she had the rugs and upholstery cleaned. The room is actually a small apartment with a living room, two tvs etc. Everything is clean and modern and not run down at all. It is quiet and has a very nice large outdoor jaquzzi and a work-out room. There is also a substantial breakfast with eggs, waffle maker etc. I definitely think you cannot beat this place.

Room Tip: All the rooms are like apartments. I prefer to stay on the third floor so you don't here people...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
LGoldstein95060, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS All Suites Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. We take pride in the customer service we provide to all of our guests, and are so glad you enjoyed our team, especially Mercedes! I have shared your kind words with my entire team, and hope you will return when your travels bring you back to the Santa Cruz area.

Orange
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very clean and alot of room. Our king bed suite had a separate living room, fridge and microwave. There is a large breakfast with eggs and waffles among the usual items you find. It was easy walking to downtown and to the boardwalk. The wharf was a little farther but doable. The driving and parking in these areas is a hassle but the hotel has plenty of free parking. There is a terrific Italian restaurant right across the street. Although there are hotels closer to the boardwalk area and probably some less expensive ones, Santa Cruz is so full of homeless people I felt better being at this hotel with its security.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
LGoldstein95060, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS All Suites Inn, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad you chose our hotel for your travel needs, and glad you enjoyed your time with us. We do take our guests safety and security very seriously and we are glad you felt better staying with us due to our night security guards. We hope you will choose us again if your travels ever bring you back to the area.

Hampton court
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed in this Hotel sadly for only 1 night, the suite was excellent value, everything you could wish for in the room. Super comfortable bed Great breakfast and service too! Would definately stay there again!

Room Tip: Get a first or top floor room if possible, as the ground floor rooms open onto the dining and recept...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your recent review! I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel, breakfast, and staff. We are sad you could only stay 1 night too, hopefully next time you can come for a few nights! See you next time your travels bring you to the Santa Cruz Area.

Lodi, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

It honestly was the best stay we have had at a place... The service was over the top, the room was amazing, and the food was very good.... Everything was so nice and clean... We had a wonderful time... Thank You

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

LGoldstein95060, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS All Suites Inn, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We pride ourselves on offering a hotel both our guests and employees love, I’m glad you could see that! I hope you will come back to see us next time you are in the Santa Cruz area!

Lacey Goldstein

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS All Suites Inn? Share your experiences!