“Nice place to stay near downtown” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Get up to 20% off
Ranked #12 of 53 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reno, Nevada
“Nice place to stay near downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed here in February when we went to the Clam Chowder cookoff at the Boardwalk. Unfortunately, it's not really close enough to walk to the Boardwalk, but it was close enough to walk over to downtown for shopping and dining. Decent motel with a decent breakfast. We were very comfortable in our room. Perfect for a short stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
LGoldstein95060, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS All Suites Inn, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel and the area on Trip Advisor. The Clam Chowder cook-off sure is a lot of fun! I enjoyed attending for the 1st time last year! We hope you will choose our hotel if your travels bring you back for this year’s festivities!

Lacey Goldstein

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Hayward, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was given the option to book a cheaper room or an upgraded room for a higher price. Since I was planning a last minute romantic beach getaway I picked the higher price upgraded king suite. When I got to the hotel the first room they gave me was a standard TWO queen bed room. The man at the front desk explained to me "the online hotel booking website thinks because the hotel is called "ALL SUITES INN" all the rooms are suites, and they are NOT." So he gives me a standard king room second floor located in the dark corner (the light was out in hallway) I open the window to get some sunlight in the room, only to find A WALL. I felt like i was staying in a dungeon. For $140+ i would never stay in a room like this. I have stayed in Santa Cruz SO MANY times and have paid less for a better room. I only booked because of the website photos the price for the type of room it said i was getting. The website is very misleading. False advertising. When you go to a sporting event the ticket will list if something is obstructing your view. If i would have known the room I was booking was a standard room not a suite and had a window that opened to a brown dirty wall I would have NEVER booked it. This hotel should advertise "while we are called ALL Suites Inn not ALL our rooms are suites unless your willing to pay $280+" the front desk guy said "90% of our rooms have a view of a wall" I'm absolutely blown away by this establishment and its lack of honesty.

Room Tip: According to the staff here 90% of the rooms have a view of a wall. Unless your paying for a deluxe...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear you had a less than pleasant experience while staying with us, and would love the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Most of our rooms in the hotel do not have a view of a wall, and I apologize you were provided inaccurate information at the time of check-in. I appreciate your feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve our hotel, and service to create a hotel our guests Love. Please feel free to contact me at any time via email at lgoldstein@bprproperties.com

Thanks,

Coeur d Alene
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We choose this Best Western for a business trip. It's location in downtown Santa Cruz was perfect. The room size 'suite' is perfect for separating a work area from the sleeping area. The breakfast was good with many choices and a very helpful staff. The underground parking lot is a BIG plus in the downtown area as well. The negatives for business was the very slow (and dropping) internet connection. The other cons were: hotel needs some updating in decor and general maintenance. Our room had a leaking bath faucet and holes in the window screen. In this area, the value for the fee was excellent. We paid an average of $86.00 per night with an AARP discount in the month of September.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
LGoldstein95060, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS All Suites Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent business trip to Santa Cruz. I am sorry you experienced some negatives during your stay with us, and I have reviewed these items with my entire team so problems like these do not continue in the future. Please feel free to contact me at any time at lgoldstein@bprproperties.com and we hope to see you next time your business travels bring you to the area.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel is nicely done up and well located - close to downtown and the beach. Several restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast and WiFi are included. The suite was quite comfortable for our family - 2 adults and 2 kids.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
LGoldstein95060, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS All Suites Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Santa Cruz and sharing your great experience on Trip Advisor! We look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you to the Santa Cruz area.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My Overall experience for this hotel was average.

Positives:
Rooms are good size and feels like an upgraded version MOTEL from inside.
Breakfast is good eat as much as you like so that is a plus!
Easy to park

Negative:
There is nothing around in that area no amusement.
Does not feel very welcoming inside the hotel, although staff are helpful

DO NOT -go to the Italian Restaurant opposite the hotel, the food they do is POOR and to make it worse they charge you arm and a leg. I got 2 plates of pasta for two people with coke and it cost me $70. When I looked at the bill I was SHOCKED!!! and I thought I was in RITZ hotel UK then I looked around and pinched myself to realise it was this poorly unwelcoming restaurant which is there to rob you.

Will I go to stay at the hotel again - BIG NO!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and your recent visit to Santa Cruz. I am glad you enjoyed our staff and breakfast during your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the restaurant across from the hotel, but please keep in mind it in no way is affiliated with our establishment. I am sorry to hear you would not stay with us again, and would love the opportunity to speak with you about it further. Please feel free to email me at any time at lgoldstein@bprproperties.com.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I looked into many hotels before we finally gave up and chose this one. It was $110 plus a hundred dollar deposit for the night and the room had a living room area with a large flat screen tv, microwave, mini fridge and wet bar.
Bathroom was a decent size and the hallway led to the king size bed, desk and another flat screen. The hotel was clean and quiet. It was great to have my kids in one room watching cartoons, while we watched what we wanted in the other room.
My only complaint was that the air conditioner was like a very loud fan. The tv's were also very delayed...took an hour to flip through 5 channels.
My favorite part about this hotel was the breakfast! ! Sooo good! Fresh bacon, eggs, waffles, juice, breads, yogurt, etc
Oh and my visa never got charged so the stay ended being free :X

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Santa Cruz. I am sorry to hear your fan in the room was loud but it sounds like you still had a great trip! I am glad you enjoyed the room, hotel and breakfast and hope to see you next time you are in town!

Gold River, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Second stay. We were very pleased with our accomodations. The room was clean and spacious, absolutely nothing to complain about.

The front desk staff, particularly at night, were awesome. They were able to find plates, forks and even a plastic knife for us to enjoy the desert we had brought to the hotel!

We stayed in the back and it was very quiet. If forced to find fault, it was the breakfast. There was a rather large group of teenagers there and the staff could not keep up the demand for the food...

Room Tip: The back is much quieter!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, and welcome back since this was a repeat visit for you! I will forward on your kind words to my staff, as they truly strive to make this a home away from home for all of our guests. I am sorry that breakfast was not stocked quickly enough, and will work with my team to implement improvements for the future. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!

Lacey Goldstein

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS All Suites Inn? Share your experiences!