“Excellent size rooms for money” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #14 of 51 hotels in Santa Cruz
Coeur d Alene
“Excellent size rooms for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We choose this Best Western for a business trip. It's location in downtown Santa Cruz was perfect. The room size 'suite' is perfect for separating a work area from the sleeping area. The breakfast was good with many choices and a very helpful staff. The underground parking lot is a BIG plus in the downtown area as well. The negatives for business was the very slow (and dropping) internet connection. The other cons were: hotel needs some updating in decor and general maintenance. Our room had a leaking bath faucet and holes in the window screen. In this area, the value for the fee was excellent. We paid an average of $86.00 per night with an AARP discount in the month of September.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
LGoldstein95060, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS All Suites Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent business trip to Santa Cruz. I am sorry you experienced some negatives during your stay with us, and I have reviewed these items with my entire team so problems like these do not continue in the future. Please feel free to contact me at any time at lgoldstein@bprproperties.com and we hope to see you next time your business travels bring you to the area.

247 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel is nicely done up and well located - close to downtown and the beach. Several restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast and WiFi are included. The suite was quite comfortable for our family - 2 adults and 2 kids.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
LGoldstein95060, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS All Suites Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Santa Cruz and sharing your great experience on Trip Advisor! We look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you to the Santa Cruz area.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My Overall experience for this hotel was average.

Positives:
Rooms are good size and feels like an upgraded version MOTEL from inside.
Breakfast is good eat as much as you like so that is a plus!
Easy to park

Negative:
There is nothing around in that area no amusement.
Does not feel very welcoming inside the hotel, although staff are helpful

DO NOT -go to the Italian Restaurant opposite the hotel, the food they do is POOR and to make it worse they charge you arm and a leg. I got 2 plates of pasta for two people with coke and it cost me $70. When I looked at the bill I was SHOCKED!!! and I thought I was in RITZ hotel UK then I looked around and pinched myself to realise it was this poorly unwelcoming restaurant which is there to rob you.

Will I go to stay at the hotel again - BIG NO!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and your recent visit to Santa Cruz. I am glad you enjoyed our staff and breakfast during your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the restaurant across from the hotel, but please keep in mind it in no way is affiliated with our establishment. I am sorry to hear you would not stay with us again, and would love the opportunity to speak with you about it further. Please feel free to email me at any time at lgoldstein@bprproperties.com.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I looked into many hotels before we finally gave up and chose this one. It was $110 plus a hundred dollar deposit for the night and the room had a living room area with a large flat screen tv, microwave, mini fridge and wet bar.
Bathroom was a decent size and the hallway led to the king size bed, desk and another flat screen. The hotel was clean and quiet. It was great to have my kids in one room watching cartoons, while we watched what we wanted in the other room.
My only complaint was that the air conditioner was like a very loud fan. The tv's were also very delayed...took an hour to flip through 5 channels.
My favorite part about this hotel was the breakfast! ! Sooo good! Fresh bacon, eggs, waffles, juice, breads, yogurt, etc
Oh and my visa never got charged so the stay ended being free :X

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Santa Cruz. I am sorry to hear your fan in the room was loud but it sounds like you still had a great trip! I am glad you enjoyed the room, hotel and breakfast and hope to see you next time you are in town!

Gold River, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Second stay. We were very pleased with our accomodations. The room was clean and spacious, absolutely nothing to complain about.

The front desk staff, particularly at night, were awesome. They were able to find plates, forks and even a plastic knife for us to enjoy the desert we had brought to the hotel!

We stayed in the back and it was very quiet. If forced to find fault, it was the breakfast. There was a rather large group of teenagers there and the staff could not keep up the demand for the food...

Room Tip: The back is much quieter!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, and welcome back since this was a repeat visit for you! I will forward on your kind words to my staff, as they truly strive to make this a home away from home for all of our guests. I am sorry that breakfast was not stocked quickly enough, and will work with my team to implement improvements for the future. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!

London, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here in August 2012 on our way up highway 1 as a night stop over. The hotel was easy to find and the rooms are large. The bathrooms are on a bit of the small side and we were given a room that faced the main road and the noise of the road and lobby were pretty loud. Average breakfast. I would only recommend this hotel for one night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! I hope you enjoyed your trip down the coast; it really is a beautiful journey! We hope you will keep us in mind if you are ever back in the Santa Cruz area.

Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed only one night here, but it was a very pleasant experience. The staff were very nice and the room was clean and comfortable. The location was perfect for business travel. It was convenient to downtown and easy to find. The continental style breakfast was just enough and the atrium area was very pleasant to sit and enjoy breakfast. I would recommend this place as a convenient, easy and clean hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street can be a bit noisy, but not too bad if you're used to street noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location, room and staff. The atrium area we have for our breakfast is truly unique, and it is a very enjoyable place to be. Thanks for highlighting it in your review! We look forward to seeing you next time your business travel needs bring you to the Santa Cruz area.

Lacey Goldstein

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS All Suites Inn? Share your experiences!