“Clean rooms, Nice Amenities” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #31 of 53 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Marblehead, Massachusetts
“Clean rooms, Nice Amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

A nice, clean hotel. The rooms were spacious with all the amenities - small refrig, microwave, coffee maker and extra sink. Lots of storage. Huge complimentary breakfast but with only a very few healthy options. Pool, hot tub and more.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Teddy S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the nice comments about our hotel. As the new General Manager, I will begin to look into some healthy options for our Deluxe Continental Breakfast. Thank you for the suggestion. We really appreciate your review and hope you can come see us again soon!

Santa Cruz, California

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dana Point, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel through a booking on Hotwire . They give yo a small room with a queen bed when you book this way, usually quite some distance from parking. After three trips to the room my husband decided to leave remaining items in the car and locked the car that was in front of the office in clear view. When I went to get my computer bag out of the car in the morning it was evident the car had been broken into, and my equipment was missing. When I spoke with the girl in the office I was informed that the car was in the security cameras blind spot. Hard to believe because the car was in direct line if sight from the front desk. I was also told that there insurance would cover it if the car was stolen, but would not cover content for a break in. The girl refused to give me insurance info and owners contact information. Prior to making the discovery I had taken a walk and found the number of homeless people in the area to be excessive. My son woke up with hives and an eye completely swollen shut from some sort of bite. Bi would rather sleep in my car than stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Go to Scott's valley if you chose to stay in the area. Book well in advance and call hotel dir...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Teddy S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Teresa,

Thank you for taking time to review us on the Trip. As the new General Manager, I would like to apologize for the problems you had with your stay. Unfortunately, for them, we do have some poor folks who walk along Ocean St., but if you were "homeless" wouldn't you want to live by the beach? I'm just playing. We do take each of our guest's safety very seriously. We have someone at the front desk twenty-four hours a day keeping a close eye on the hotel. I'm so sorry that your car got broken into. You will be happy to know that we are getting more security cameras! Also on your future stays with us I hope you will agree that our location (despite the "homeless") is ideal; close to downtown, close to Hwy 17, as well as Hwy 1 and only 2.5 miles from Santa Cruz Beachboard Walk! I really hope you can give us another chance to show you just how nice our little Best Western Inn is. Sorry again.

california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on June 28th and 29th. The room was clean and the hotel was very quiet except when people were walking by the room but that is expected when you have your window open and you are on the first floor facing the parking lot.

There is a Denny's within walking or driving distance and other restaurants nearby. There are homeless people hanging around on the sidewalks next to the hotel but you weren't bothered by them. We felt safe staying here.

The front desk employees were pleasant and friendly.

The only issue I saw with this hotel was getting out of the parking lot onto the main road. It is easy if the people on the left who had the stop sign actually stopped and let you go.

Overall we had a nice stay and would probably stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Teddy S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the nice comments about our establishment and our staff. The employees here at our little Best Western Inn, Santa Cruz, California take genuine pleasure in ensuring that each of our guests have an excellent visit. We believe that our updated hotel rooms, but especially our crew, make us stand out against our competition. Our personnel take great pride in making sure our room cleanliness is kept above the Best Western standard, which is the benchmark for the hotel industry. Cleanliness and customer service are the main focus for our amazing employees. Thanks again for your review, we look forward to you nice folks choosing us again on your next visit.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Check in was fast and front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. Our room was very modern, clean, and fully updated with very comfortable beds and the room also included a refrigerator and microwave. The room was very quiet. The parking lt is small but there seemed to b a parking spot for each room. The location is just a few minutes away from the beach boardwalk. There are a few shady looking homeless people who hang out nearby but none of them were on the Best Western's property and we did feel safe and secure staying there. The complimentary breakfast is a hot breakfast with a waffle bar, omelettes, scrambled eggs, sausage, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereals, and pastries. There was juice, coffee, hot chocolate, and hot tea also. The breakfast was awesome! There is also a Dennys restaurant right across the street. We would be glad to stay here again. We had a really good room rate also through Best Western Rewards program.

Dear Jason,

Thank you for taking time to review us on the Trip. As the new General Manager, I would like to tell you just how much the staff and myself appreciate the nice commets! The staff works tirelessly to try and provide each of our valued guest a great stay. Hope you folks come back soon!

Oroville, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This place was terrible.I checked into the Best Western in Santa Cruz on July 4,2012. I checked into rooms 126 and room 149. Upon entering the rooms the floors were so wet I could not even take off my shoes. The next morning July 5,2012 I left both rooms with the sign saying “Please clean my room” on the door. Upon coming back on the night of July 5,2012 at 11:30 p.m room 126 had been cleaned however the maid had left dirty tissues everywhere. They appeared to be snot tissues. She also had thrown away a whole box of pizza. Upon entering room 149 it had not been cleaned at all. When I called down to the front desk a young lady named Rosia answered and asked if I would like to clean my room if she brought me up fresh linens. I replied no but fresh linens would be nice so she brought me up fresh linens. We exchanged my old linens which consisted of all my dirty towels as well as the dirty cloth that was at the end of my bed. Upon checking the linens that she had brought me two were dirty. One looked as though it had make up on it and the other looked as though it had baby diarrhea on it. On the morning of July 6,2012 room 149 was filthy because it had not been cleaned in two days nor had the maids taken the trash out. Also on the morning of July 6,2012 I brought the dirty linen down to the manager at the front desk to show her and to tell her how our room was not cleaned. The manager was very rude but called her maid to the front desk. When the maid came to the front desk she did not speak English what so ever so the manager talked to her in Spanish the entire time. The maid had told her that we asked her not to clean our room which is a blatant lie. However the manager still agreed to discount our stay $80 for the maid not cleaning our room. They also put the bill in the name of Micheal Simpson, my name is Mitch Simpson. On July 9,2012 I was checking my bank account and found two charges one for $30 and one for $40. They did not notify me what so ever of these charges to my bank account. They accused me of stealing a bed spread and told me they were charging me for getting blood on a towel. I in fact did not steal anything from this motel and have never heard of a motel charging for dirtying a towel.

Room Tip: DO NOT choose this hotel!!!!!
Dear Mr. Simpson

Thank you for taking time to review us on the Trip. As the new General Manager, I would like to apologize for the problems you had with your stay. I can assure you that we are dedicated to changing your opinion about our hotel. I hope, eventhough you had a bad experience with us, you will be willing to at least give us one more chance. We promise to make your next stay awesome! Sorry again, hope to see you soon.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Cheaper then most other chain hotels in the area for a reason. Not a great location because of the surrounding neighborhood. Poor service. Ran out of toilet paper believe it or not. No one at the front desk for long periods of time. Breakfest garbage can overflowing. Staff walked right past it anf did not touch it.

• Stayed June 2012
Hope, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

we'd never been to santa cruz before, heard about the great beach life and so got on hotwire and booked this hotel. Staff was nice, and we got our room instantly.. Must complain about our room placement though, as it went through two doors by use of the key.. it was very strange. While other doors opened to the outside, we had to share this little area with someone on the other side and was hard to take our luggage in. The people in the joining side, were loud, but i don't think they meant to be. The first door does not open properly, and so they struggled, as did we, when we tried to go in. Could also hear them in their room directly beside ours.

The room was basic and clean. No real complaints on the room. Just your basic non exciting room. Did the job it needed to do for the night. don't expect high class.

Breakfast was nice, waffles and coffee, yogurt... clean

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn? Share your experiences!