“Service and breakfast were excellent only one fault small.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pacific Inn Santa Cruz

Save Saved
You added Pacific Inn Santa Cruz to your Saves list
Pacific Inn Santa Cruz
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Ocean Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060 (Formerly Hotel PURE Pacific Inn)   |
Ranked #38 of 52 hotels in Santa Cruz
Brisbane, Australia
“Service and breakfast were excellent only one fault small.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

The service was excellent the staff were friendly and helpful. The jacuzzi /spa was lovely and hot and the heated pool was fantastic whilst waiting for our washing. The room was very small only suitable for couples. we had 2 teenagers and a lot of luggage which was too cramped for 1 room. the bathroom is extremely tiny too. There is nowhere to sit to have breakfast so we had it back in our room. Great location though.We would stay here again but we would book 2 rooms next time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Penn Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

A Mediterranean style, pet friendly motel with the charm of an inn. The owners are very friendly and have always welcomed us like we were visiting their home. The property is clean and well maintained, and very safe for those late night walks with the dog. We have stayed there frequently and always get rooms with a king bed. Our rooms have always been spacious and the beds very comfortable. We have always found our stays there to be very relaxing and enjoyable. In the morning, we always look forward to the home baked breads...the owner is quite a baker!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011 via mobile

This hotel is not worth fifty a night. Long dark hair in and around clean bath tub.... 3 pillows on each bed ..flat crappy pillows. Tiny room for what I paid...noisey...herion bust down the block first night I was there...not the hood to take evening stroll.... not even note pad or pen..the tile in halls the nicest thing there.. there was breakfast? I was never told.. Sounds like I missed the one good thing... all in all motel six would have been better.v

• Stayed October 2011
pacinn, Manager at Pacific Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We apoligize for the quality of your stay with us. As you may have read we have recently come under new managment. While we cant do much about the surrounding area. We can assure you that the quality of our rooms have improved. We have recently finished painting, replacing the televisions in the rooms, and resurfacing the pool and spa. I hope this adresses some of your concerns.
Thank you for the valued input.
The Managment.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I decided to spend a night in Santa Cruz on my way to San Francisco. Dianne checked me in and was warm, welcoming and happy to answer all of my questions. The rooms are dated, but clean and comfortable, and they have smoking rooms. Rooms also have fridges, microwaves and wi-fi. Pool and hot tub are in the center of the property, mostly covered and both heated. Breakfast was a pleasant surprise as it was put together with care, not just slapped up on a counter. Hotel is walking distance to downtown, and a longer walk to the boardwalk. I enjoyed my stay so much, I returned for another night on my way back to LA!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

The owner/manager welcomed us to the hotel as though it were his home. We stayed 2 nights, my daughter and I, and wished we could have stayed longer. Something about the feeling of the place. It is old, but decorated in a lovely motif, and well-kept. A non-intrusive but very watchful front desk. Lovely breakfast, simple, but fulfilling, not a deal-maker or breaker for us, but who can resist the lure of the manager's fresh homemade bread every morning....... Family friendly, too, it seems, as we ran into several happy little children enjoying the pool. Good job.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We went to see the Eddie Money concert in Santa Cruz on 08/26/2011 and we knew we would be spending the night so I found Pacific Inn on Google. After I reserved the hotel, I was unsure because I read the reviews afterward. I told my husband about some of the reviews but by the time we wanted to cancel, it was too late according to their cancellation policy that we had read. So we kept our reservation and boy, I am glad we did not change. This was such a cozy place to stay. It was nice and clean. I expected to smell curry or see garbage as other people had posted on their review but there was nothing like that. The rooms were very nice and spacey, for us. The continental breakfast was great, there was more than enough food, coffee, fruits. It was great. And the best thing is that there are two stores across the street, 7-11 and a Mercado just in case you want to grab snacks, soda or a bottle of wine.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
DFW, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights while visiting colleges in the area. It was clean, well maintained, comfortable beds, nice hot shower, fridge in the room, WIFI. It was much better than we expected for $80-$90 per night. We had a rental car, so we had very close proximity to the downtown and boardwalk areas. Did not try the pool or hot tub, so cant speak to those amenities. The staff was very gracious and helpful. I had to cancel one of our days because of a flight cancellation and they couldn't have been nicer about it. I gave them several days notice and they took care of it without any trouble at all. And this place has the best breakfast I have ever had in the "continental breakfast" context. The coffee was great. The danish and rolls were fresh and warm. AND the owner or manager baked bread for us. Two or three kinds each morning. Fresh baked bread. Raisins, honey..... It was delicious. Even the oranges were divine.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Pacific Inn Santa Cruz? Share your experiences!