“Great location; mediocre motel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Santa Cruz

You added Howard Johnson Inn Santa Cruz to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Santa Cruz
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   130 W Cliff Dr, Santa Cruz, CA 95060 (Formerly Ramada Limited Fishermans Wharf)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #32 of 52 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Richmond
“Great location; mediocre motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed here because of location and figuring if it was HoJo, it wouldn't be as bad as some Santa Cruz motels. It was perfectly fine for what I needed, which was a place to stash my stuff and to get one night's sleep. If I were spending any more time there, I don't think I would have been very impressed. But the are very few places to stay in Santa Cruz, so I guess this is one of the acceptable ones.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Minden, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wanted to get away for Labor Day. Howard Johnson in Santa Cruz is in a great location. We like to park the car and walk. This place is in walking distance to the wharf and boardwalk. Also a nice stroll down to the light house. The room was clean and had a refrigerator and microwave. It also offered a decent continental breakfast. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lodi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had a nice time at this property. The front desk people were very helpful and courteous! They also allowed us to get intonourvroom a bit early because it was ready, so that was very nice! The spa is very large, the room was clean, and we had a great time being so close to the beach!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Washougal, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights and I would stay here again. The location is great,within walking distance to the wharf and boardwalk, we had a nice view of the wharf area with a little deck & chairs for relaxing but it also faced the street. Small fridge and microwave, outdated looking comforter but clean, very clean bathroom, free parking. I had great customer service as they let me park there upon my arrival at 9:00 in the morning, way too early for check in. I went in to ask and when she checked that I was indeed staying there for 2 nights, she said I could park there then check in later. It was great, we enjoyed the wharf and boardwalk all afternoon while we had free parking at the hotel so I do thank them very much for that.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cary, Nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Loved the front porch with chairs to relax in and a great view of the ocean and the wharf. Although my room was small, it was just me so it was fine. As a woman traveling alone, even though it was first floor I felt very safe (with no rooms above, so no one walking on your head!). Bathroom was clean and new-ish with great water pressure. Would def stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Santa Cruz? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn Santa Cruz

Address: 130 W Cliff Dr, Santa Cruz, CA 95060 (Formerly Ramada Limited Fishermans Wharf)
Location: United States > California > Santa Cruz
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast
Ranked #32 of 52 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn Santa Cruz 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Santa Cruz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn Fisherman`s Wharf Santa Cruz Hotel Santa Cruz
Howard Johnson Santa Cruz
Ramada Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Ramada

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Inn Santa Cruz, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.