We stayed in Room 3, a deluxe king spa room. It is located on the second floor, facing the front of the property and the ocean. It was wonderful to see the ocean from our window. Sadly, it was too chilly to use the (shared) balcony just outside our door. It does face the street, which didn't seem particularly busy, but we did hear some garbage trucks in the morning. We used our white noise app on the phones to drown out any potential street noise.
The room was quite spacious and well decorated. We opened the windows during the morning and day, but also used the fireplace to heat the room in the evenings. The bathroom is gorgeous and also spacious. Shower was great and soaking tub (with jets) was lovely.
We missed the wine hour, but availed ourselves of snacks left out before (cookies) and after (cake). Breakfast was yummy.
They were offering a fall discount (25% off the room).
Parking is included.
Location was amazing. In the morning, after breakfast but before checkout, we walked down to the beach in front of the boardwalk. We walked to the lighthouse (20-30 minute walk each way) and saw grey whales! We also saw many harbor seals swimming by on our way to and from the lighthouse.
We would have liked to stay longer!
Also, don't miss Natural Bridges State Beach, just a few miles down the road. We were able to see the monarch butterflies arriving in larger numbers (on their migration route). We visited at low tide and also really enjoyed the large tide pools.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a bluff across from the beach, West Cliff Inn is a newly renovated historic building offering well appointed guestrooms and a fabulous coastal location. This Four Sisters Inn is a three-story Italianate Victorian with a wraparound porch offering views of the Monterey Bay. The inn features a breezy, coastal decor with fabrics in crisp blues and whites and the well-appointed guestrooms feature a fireplace, a marble tile bathroom, and most offer a jetted spa tub and king bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your West Cliff Inn, a Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Cliff Inn, a 4 Sisters Inn
- West Cliff Inn, a Four Sisters Hotel Santa Cruz
- West Cliff Hotel
- West Cliff Santa Cruz