The West Cliff Inn has got to be situated in one of the best possible spots in Santa Cruz - close enough to most everything but far enough away from the crowds on the Boardwalk to feel peaceful. Today - Thanksgiving Day - the town is totally quiet. The Inn is lovely and what a wonderful house it must have been at the turn of the century. From the moment we walked in last night around 5:00pm, Rachel (I think that's her name) was awesome - very welcoming without being sticky about it, informative and helpful. She laid out simple hors d'oeuvres of cheeses, veggies and a few sweet things in one of the first floor parlors along with red and white wine. When we asked, she gave us some helpful ideas and directions to a few near by (walking distance) places for a sunset dinner.
Our room (#7) is very nice, very well kept and the lovely marble-clad bathroom's tub/shower is HUGE!!! Everything feels well considered and thought out. There's a lovely, deep veranda off the second floor guest rooms that's fantastic to laze around on and enjoy the spectacular view of the Bay. I think if I came back, I would ask for either room #3 or #4 just because they are on the very front of the building with unobstructed views of the Bay, but room #7 is just fine with it's partial view.
I think the one and only complaint (and it's a small one) would be that I wish the bed linens were a little finer. Their texture is a bit scratchy rather than soft and crisp as I would expect them to be. It's the one thing that feels somewhat incongruent with the refined atmosphere of the rest of this lovely B&B. But that's literally all I take any exception to.
This morning's breakfast in the downstairs parlor was fantastic - a delicious, moist quiche, potatoes, sweet baked goods, bagels, English muffins with choices of cream cheese, jams or peanut butter, muesli, coffee, tea, the works. Awesome.
All in all, HIGHLY recommended. Well done, West Cliff Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a bluff across from the beach, West Cliff Inn is a newly renovated historic building offering well appointed guestrooms and a fabulous coastal location. This Four Sisters Inn is a three-story Italianate Victorian with a wraparound porch offering views of the Monterey Bay. The inn features a breezy, coastal decor with fabrics in crisp blues and whites and the well-appointed guestrooms feature a fireplace, a marble tile bathroom, and most offer a jetted spa tub and king bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your West Cliff Inn, a Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Cliff Inn, a 4 Sisters Inn
- West Cliff Inn, a Four Sisters Hotel Santa Cruz
- West Cliff Hotel
- West Cliff Santa Cruz