“Perfect for a family with young children” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pelican Point Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Cruz
Pelican Point Inn
Save Saved
You added Pelican Point Inn to your Saves list
21345 E Cliff Dr, Santa Cruz, CA 95062   |
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Sacramento, California
“Perfect for a family with young children”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had the "family suite" which is next to the office - twin beds, sofa bed, king bed, full kitchen. We had our granddaughters, ages 8 & 9. The twin beds were perfect and the separate bedroom for us was very nice. The suite is on the corner - so there was traffic noise, but not too bad. The decor is eclectic - nothing fancy. But it is comfortable and very well maintained. Plenty of towels, shampoo, conditioner et al. There is a covered swing and table outside that the girls loved sitting at to have their lunch. We appreciated the suite very much.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Booked this dog-friendly place after reading several great reviews here. Our experience was no different - couldn't have been happier with the place. The "living room suite" room we had was spacious, clean, wood floors, granite counters, comfy beds, a nice kitchen that had everything we needed (even wine glasses), and was dog-friendly with a flat fee for our dogs' stay. The Inn is one block away from the edge of Twin Lakes beach (which is an on-leash dog beach), a block from a great coffee shop/brunch place, and just a couple miles from the Boardwalk, Wharf, etc. We go to Santa Cruz every summer and we will definitely be back to stay here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Novato, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is a nice small property located on a relatively busy street (E. Cliff Dr) but somehow pleasantly quiet as well.
We had Unit #1, which is next to the office. The front room has two extremely comfortable twin beds, a sofa (which is a sofa bed), some end tables, a TV/VCR, and loads of storage. There's also a china cabinet with knicknacks in it, lending the room an air of being related to a B&B. There's a full kitchen, complete with standard sized and immaculate refrigerator/freezer, a 4 burner gas stove, dishwasher, cabinets filled with plates, etc., coffee maker and microwave. It's stocked like a condo, and made me wish we were staying longer than the one night we had booked. The bathroom was very nice, again, immaculately clean, and they provide full sized shampoo/conditioner, as well as liquid soap. The back bedroom has yet another comfortable bed, this one a queen, another television, and a large closet. The back section of the suite can be shut off with a door.

This was a very nice room that would be great to use as a base in SC for a couple of days.

The only cons were that we couldn't figure out how to turn on the ceiling fan or light in the front room, and also that there is no drain stop in the bathroom sink, which is a drawback if you have contact lenses. (Note to self: this is why you bring along a flat drain cover when you travel!).
The woman at the front desk could not have been nicer when we checked in. Although check in time was 3 and we had been encouraged to get to the hotel as close to 3 as possible, when we arrived at 4:45, our room was still not ready. For us, it was no big deal and was only a matter of a few more minutes. There is an outdoor bench swing outside the unit, and we took advantage of it to sit and watch people go by.

Wireless was offered, and was free. There is no pool, but Twin Lakes Beach is a short walk away - one block down 14th street. There's a market on the corner, and a few restaurants in close walking distance. Pelican Point Inn has some beach toys that can be borrowed.

We really enjoyed our short stay here, and would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others, particularly families who would prefer a couple of separate rooms.

Room Tip: Unit #1 looked like it would be noisier than it ended up being. It's right on the roadway, but...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My friend and I booked a 2-room suite at Pelican Point Inn for Tuesday, December 11th for her birthday stay. We didn't get to the place until around close to 2:00 a.m. I was a little concerned that we may end up losing our room because of our late arrival, but when we got to the guest registration area, we were greeted by a smiling lady who handed us our suite key. Right away, I felt the positive energy of this place. When my friend and I finally arrived in our suite, the place absolutely blew me away! Omg, the rooms were spacious, clean (hardwood floors), with t.v. in each room, warm heaters (separate heaters for each bedroom), and the most comfortable queen size bed ever! The bathroom had quality bath products in full-size bottles. I was very impressed by this fact alone because the establishment is eco-friendly. Beautiful, clean bathroom with lots of beautiful granite! In the morning, I made myself a nice tasty pot of coffee. The kitchen is fully stocked with coffee, hot cocoa, sugar, cream, etc. Lots of amenities in the fully stocked kitchen! The kitchen came complete with pots and pans, utensils, coffee maker, stove, and frig. I couldn't have asked for more; they thought of everything! In the morning, when I was getting ready I realized I had forgotten my hair gel. I went to the front desk and the same lady who gave us our room key when we first arrived greeted me with her positive attitude and a huge smile. I later found out she's the owner/operator of Pelican Point Inn. She didn't hesitate to lend me some hair gel and even gave me some hand lotion. When I got back to my room, I realized, she gave me a completely unopened, new full-size bottle of quality hair gel. Pelican Point Inn not only had gorgeous rooms that are well kept, spacious, and comfy, I absolutely adored the Owner/Operator, Ann Stamm and her husband Werner. She was a total doll and I felt right at home! I can't sing this place enough praise. Wish our stay had been longer. Will most definitely be coming back and I hope soon! Miss it already!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Northwest Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

After reading other reviews on TripAdvisor and searching for lodging in the Santa Cruz area that was dog friendly, I settled on making a week-long reservation at Pelican Point Inn while visiting family for the Thanksgiving holiday.

My first-floor room was just perfect -- a nice living room area with comfy sofa and daybed and a TV, a well-equipped kitchenette with good sized fridge/freezer, coffeemaker, microwave and toaster, and gas stovetop, clean modern bath, and a separate bedroom with another TV. The bedroom was at the back, away from the road, and looked out onto a nice bamboo grove and privacy fence.

The owner, Ann, made me and my golden retriever feel very welcome, and we both thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I won't be looking anywhere else for lodging the next time I come to Santa Cruz -- this little motel is a real gem.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Fresno, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This was our first time visiting Santa Cruz and what I found was that hotels are pretty pricey! That being said, after reading reviews on Trip Advisor, I decided to book here. We had a great experience and will definitely be back.

First, the one con that kind of put me off: When I called to make the reservation, I was asked what time I was arriving. I said 1pm and they said that was fine. When we arrived at 3pm, the room wasn't ready. So we went to grab a bite to eat and returned. The room still wasn't ready. So we went to the beach for about 45-60 mins and when we returned, it was ready. Parking is a little tight but manageable.

Pros! The room was very comfortable. I LOVED that it had a kitchenette!! There was a fridge, freezer, sink, microwave, stove, dishes, utensils, it was great. And I can see staying here for a longer period of time and putting it to good use. The beach was totally within walking distance and the area is very nice. At first I was worried that the semi-busy street would keep me awake. But the noise died down at night and it was fine. The staff is very friendly and the place is pretty clean.

So for the price and the area, we found this was a really great place to stay.

Room Tip: Room 8, despite being upstairs, was pretty comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights with our teen age kids. The property is a bit dated, but the owenrs take pride in providing a clean room. We appreciated the hard wood floors over nasty carpet! We stayed in the 3 bed unit. The shower pressure was great. We had a full size frig & microwave. The owner is very nice and works hard to run her business. Since there was no a/c and the ceiling fan was not working, she found 2 fans for our rooms. It provided a comfortable night for us all.

Room Tip: The 3 bedroom is right on the corner of 2 roads - may be noisy with windows open.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Pelican Point Inn? Share your experiences!