“Best Place Ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pelican Point Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Cruz
Pelican Point Inn
You added Pelican Point Inn to your Saves list
21345 E Cliff Dr, Santa Cruz, CA 95062   |
Ranked #25 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
San Francisco, California
“Best Place Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My friend and I booked a 2-room suite at Pelican Point Inn for Tuesday, December 11th for her birthday stay. We didn't get to the place until around close to 2:00 a.m. I was a little concerned that we may end up losing our room because of our late arrival, but when we got to the guest registration area, we were greeted by a smiling lady who handed us our suite key. Right away, I felt the positive energy of this place. When my friend and I finally arrived in our suite, the place absolutely blew me away! Omg, the rooms were spacious, clean (hardwood floors), with t.v. in each room, warm heaters (separate heaters for each bedroom), and the most comfortable queen size bed ever! The bathroom had quality bath products in full-size bottles. I was very impressed by this fact alone because the establishment is eco-friendly. Beautiful, clean bathroom with lots of beautiful granite! In the morning, I made myself a nice tasty pot of coffee. The kitchen is fully stocked with coffee, hot cocoa, sugar, cream, etc. Lots of amenities in the fully stocked kitchen! The kitchen came complete with pots and pans, utensils, coffee maker, stove, and frig. I couldn't have asked for more; they thought of everything! In the morning, when I was getting ready I realized I had forgotten my hair gel. I went to the front desk and the same lady who gave us our room key when we first arrived greeted me with her positive attitude and a huge smile. I later found out she's the owner/operator of Pelican Point Inn. She didn't hesitate to lend me some hair gel and even gave me some hand lotion. When I got back to my room, I realized, she gave me a completely unopened, new full-size bottle of quality hair gel. Pelican Point Inn not only had gorgeous rooms that are well kept, spacious, and comfy, I absolutely adored the Owner/Operator, Ann Stamm and her husband Werner. She was a total doll and I felt right at home! I can't sing this place enough praise. Wish our stay had been longer. Will most definitely be coming back and I hope soon! Miss it already!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Northwest Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

After reading other reviews on TripAdvisor and searching for lodging in the Santa Cruz area that was dog friendly, I settled on making a week-long reservation at Pelican Point Inn while visiting family for the Thanksgiving holiday.

My first-floor room was just perfect -- a nice living room area with comfy sofa and daybed and a TV, a well-equipped kitchenette with good sized fridge/freezer, coffeemaker, microwave and toaster, and gas stovetop, clean modern bath, and a separate bedroom with another TV. The bedroom was at the back, away from the road, and looked out onto a nice bamboo grove and privacy fence.

The owner, Ann, made me and my golden retriever feel very welcome, and we both thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I won't be looking anywhere else for lodging the next time I come to Santa Cruz -- this little motel is a real gem.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Fresno, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This was our first time visiting Santa Cruz and what I found was that hotels are pretty pricey! That being said, after reading reviews on Trip Advisor, I decided to book here. We had a great experience and will definitely be back.

First, the one con that kind of put me off: When I called to make the reservation, I was asked what time I was arriving. I said 1pm and they said that was fine. When we arrived at 3pm, the room wasn't ready. So we went to grab a bite to eat and returned. The room still wasn't ready. So we went to the beach for about 45-60 mins and when we returned, it was ready. Parking is a little tight but manageable.

Pros! The room was very comfortable. I LOVED that it had a kitchenette!! There was a fridge, freezer, sink, microwave, stove, dishes, utensils, it was great. And I can see staying here for a longer period of time and putting it to good use. The beach was totally within walking distance and the area is very nice. At first I was worried that the semi-busy street would keep me awake. But the noise died down at night and it was fine. The staff is very friendly and the place is pretty clean.

So for the price and the area, we found this was a really great place to stay.

Room Tip: Room 8, despite being upstairs, was pretty comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights with our teen age kids. The property is a bit dated, but the owenrs take pride in providing a clean room. We appreciated the hard wood floors over nasty carpet! We stayed in the 3 bed unit. The shower pressure was great. We had a full size frig & microwave. The owner is very nice and works hard to run her business. Since there was no a/c and the ceiling fan was not working, she found 2 fans for our rooms. It provided a comfortable night for us all.

Room Tip: The 3 bedroom is right on the corner of 2 roads - may be noisy with windows open.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My sister and I had the opportunity to stay at the Pelican Point a few weeks ago on our way up the coast. The room was very clean and spacious, providing us more room than a typical hotel room. The best part about it was we were able to stay with our dog. At first I was a little disappointed by the location but I realized when walking my dog that just a few blocks away is a stairway down to the beach which made for a lovely morning walk. I would definitely recommend the property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lake Elsinore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We don't have the opportunity to travel much. We visited Santa Cruz for the first time for our nephew's college graduation. Ann, Owner of Pelican Point Inn, made our stay extremely comfortable. We forgot we were in a hotel and thought we were staying in someone's very nice home. I have not felt that way while traveling before. I would recommend that if you are in the Santa Cruz area that you should stay at the Pelican Point Inn. It was quiet, clean, comfortable and very spacious. My six year old son really liked having his own room with a place to read and watch TV. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Morro Bay, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed here the other night and what a lovely experience. Very nice hotel staff. The room was meticulously clean. There was a nice little kitchenette that had kitchen supplies and a small stove and fridge. The bathroom was spacious and had a very strong shower with a granite lined bathtub. There was a tempurpedic mattress day bed, 2 tv's, lots of storage space. Just a great place overall.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pelican Point Inn? Share your experiences!