“Great place, we'll be back” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pelican Point Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Cruz
Pelican Point Inn
You added Pelican Point Inn to your Saves list
21345 E Cliff Dr, Santa Cruz, CA 95062   |
Ranked #17 of 52 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Fresno, California, USA
“Great place, we'll be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This was our first time visiting Santa Cruz and what I found was that hotels are pretty pricey! That being said, after reading reviews on Trip Advisor, I decided to book here. We had a great experience and will definitely be back.

First, the one con that kind of put me off: When I called to make the reservation, I was asked what time I was arriving. I said 1pm and they said that was fine. When we arrived at 3pm, the room wasn't ready. So we went to grab a bite to eat and returned. The room still wasn't ready. So we went to the beach for about 45-60 mins and when we returned, it was ready. Parking is a little tight but manageable.

Pros! The room was very comfortable. I LOVED that it had a kitchenette!! There was a fridge, freezer, sink, microwave, stove, dishes, utensils, it was great. And I can see staying here for a longer period of time and putting it to good use. The beach was totally within walking distance and the area is very nice. At first I was worried that the semi-busy street would keep me awake. But the noise died down at night and it was fine. The staff is very friendly and the place is pretty clean.

So for the price and the area, we found this was a really great place to stay.

Room Tip: Room 8, despite being upstairs, was pretty comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights with our teen age kids. The property is a bit dated, but the owenrs take pride in providing a clean room. We appreciated the hard wood floors over nasty carpet! We stayed in the 3 bed unit. The shower pressure was great. We had a full size frig & microwave. The owner is very nice and works hard to run her business. Since there was no a/c and the ceiling fan was not working, she found 2 fans for our rooms. It provided a comfortable night for us all.

Room Tip: The 3 bedroom is right on the corner of 2 roads - may be noisy with windows open.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My sister and I had the opportunity to stay at the Pelican Point a few weeks ago on our way up the coast. The room was very clean and spacious, providing us more room than a typical hotel room. The best part about it was we were able to stay with our dog. At first I was a little disappointed by the location but I realized when walking my dog that just a few blocks away is a stairway down to the beach which made for a lovely morning walk. I would definitely recommend the property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lake Elsinore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We don't have the opportunity to travel much. We visited Santa Cruz for the first time for our nephew's college graduation. Ann, Owner of Pelican Point Inn, made our stay extremely comfortable. We forgot we were in a hotel and thought we were staying in someone's very nice home. I have not felt that way while traveling before. I would recommend that if you are in the Santa Cruz area that you should stay at the Pelican Point Inn. It was quiet, clean, comfortable and very spacious. My six year old son really liked having his own room with a place to read and watch TV. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Morro Bay, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed here the other night and what a lovely experience. Very nice hotel staff. The room was meticulously clean. There was a nice little kitchenette that had kitchen supplies and a small stove and fridge. The bathroom was spacious and had a very strong shower with a granite lined bathtub. There was a tempurpedic mattress day bed, 2 tv's, lots of storage space. Just a great place overall.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed her last weekend and I have no complaints the rooms were ready at check in time the owner ann was amazing she showed us the rooms to ensure our happiness and then checked us in it was a very quiet place to stay and wonderful because we woke up with NO BED BUGS THERE I would absolutely stay here again:)

• Stayed April 2012
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights at the charming Pelican Point Inn. The room was especially nice due to the hard wood floors (for anyone with allergies, this is a delight). Ann, the owner is just wonderful, very accommodating and generous. I think she would do just about anything for anyone. The beach, while not visible from the Inn, is really just across the street and of course, is gorgeous. A coffee shop and several restaurants are within an easy walk; laundromat about a half block up the street. The mattress, I noticed, was especially comfortable. My room also had a little kitchenette. The Inn is a bit noisy during the day as it sits right on East Cliff Drive, a busy road...but it is also very easily accessible to other points of interest. Also, it is nicely located away from the hubbub of Santa Cruz...but a very quick drive (10 minutes at most) gets you right to downtown Santa Cruz. Capitola by the Sea is also a very quick drive from here. Rooms are quite sunny and clean. Definitely a place I would return to again and again.

Room Tip: Talk to Ann about what your specific needs are. She will do her best on your behalf.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Pelican Point Inn? Share your experiences!