“Very clean, great for overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pelican Point Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Cruz
Pelican Point Inn
You added Pelican Point Inn to your Saves list
21345 E Cliff Dr, Santa Cruz, CA 95062   |
Ranked #17 of 52 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Santa Clarita, California
“Very clean, great for overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My sister and I had the opportunity to stay at the Pelican Point a few weeks ago on our way up the coast. The room was very clean and spacious, providing us more room than a typical hotel room. The best part about it was we were able to stay with our dog. At first I was a little disappointed by the location but I realized when walking my dog that just a few blocks away is a stairway down to the beach which made for a lovely morning walk. I would definitely recommend the property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lake Elsinore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We don't have the opportunity to travel much. We visited Santa Cruz for the first time for our nephew's college graduation. Ann, Owner of Pelican Point Inn, made our stay extremely comfortable. We forgot we were in a hotel and thought we were staying in someone's very nice home. I have not felt that way while traveling before. I would recommend that if you are in the Santa Cruz area that you should stay at the Pelican Point Inn. It was quiet, clean, comfortable and very spacious. My six year old son really liked having his own room with a place to read and watch TV. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Morro Bay, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed here the other night and what a lovely experience. Very nice hotel staff. The room was meticulously clean. There was a nice little kitchenette that had kitchen supplies and a small stove and fridge. The bathroom was spacious and had a very strong shower with a granite lined bathtub. There was a tempurpedic mattress day bed, 2 tv's, lots of storage space. Just a great place overall.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed her last weekend and I have no complaints the rooms were ready at check in time the owner ann was amazing she showed us the rooms to ensure our happiness and then checked us in it was a very quiet place to stay and wonderful because we woke up with NO BED BUGS THERE I would absolutely stay here again:)

• Stayed April 2012
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights at the charming Pelican Point Inn. The room was especially nice due to the hard wood floors (for anyone with allergies, this is a delight). Ann, the owner is just wonderful, very accommodating and generous. I think she would do just about anything for anyone. The beach, while not visible from the Inn, is really just across the street and of course, is gorgeous. A coffee shop and several restaurants are within an easy walk; laundromat about a half block up the street. The mattress, I noticed, was especially comfortable. My room also had a little kitchenette. The Inn is a bit noisy during the day as it sits right on East Cliff Drive, a busy road...but it is also very easily accessible to other points of interest. Also, it is nicely located away from the hubbub of Santa Cruz...but a very quick drive (10 minutes at most) gets you right to downtown Santa Cruz. Capitola by the Sea is also a very quick drive from here. Rooms are quite sunny and clean. Definitely a place I would return to again and again.

Room Tip: Talk to Ann about what your specific needs are. She will do her best on your behalf.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Chose this place on a whim while driving up from Big Sur. This place is quaint, not huge, but soo.. quiet and comfy and has air conditioning and when I was 6 months pregnant and had previously gone camping for a few days, my back was aching and got a slight cold...and needed a place to stay, it was may and all i wanted was a nice shower that hopefully was strong and hot for a while, accomplished, a comfy bed that didn't feel like a gross hotel, accomplished, it was dark and quiet and was next to one of the best restaurants and coffee shops in town and my old hood with the best beach around sunny cove! Def. would head back there again! traveled in 2010. also 5-10 min from pleasure point and 3 min from harbor, 5 from sea bright and 10 from downtown and boardwalk.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Naperville, IL USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Pelican Point was a comfortable and convenient place to stay for a night as we travelled down the California coast. The location was far enough from the boardwalk area so that it was quiet and less crowded, but still only a short drive to the beach and boardwalk. The owner was very accommodating and runs a very clean motel. We got in early but had to wait a bit to check in because her staff was giving my room an extra cleaning because the previous occupant had fried bacon in the room’s kitchenette. When we did check-in, the room smelled clean and fresh. The room was well-appointed with wood floors, a small kitchenette area, good size bathroom, and a comfortable bed. For dinner we ate the Nuevo restaurant which had very good Mexican and seafood fare, and was only a block away.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Pelican Point Inn? Share your experiences!