“Perfect Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 51 hotels in Santa Cruz
Orange, California
“Perfect Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Every quarter I drop off my son at the local university and stay at the same hotel, Coastview Inn. The staff are polite, know the area well, and very friendly. The guy, also a student, was charismatic and gave us another discount. He made our stay comfortable. The hotel is close to the city's major attraction, Boardwalk, and a huge variety of restaurants, ranging from sizzling Mexican food, pepperoni pizza, fresh seafood, and baroque steak. Even though we only stayed for one day, my sister and I had a great time. I would highly recommend this place for a person who is not looking for luxurious bedding, but is looking for a decent place near the beach and Santa Cruz's thrilling theme park, arcade and wharf. I am not giving the place five stars because, as a repeated customer, the rooms have not been updated yet. Although, the place still offers comfort for a good price. Thank you Coastview Inn!

Room Tip: If you want a view of the beach choose the oceanview room. It is a tad bit more expensive than the n...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Coastview I, Guest Relations Manager at Coastview Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay with us at Coastview Inn. We could not have said it better ourselves with your glowing review thank you! We do pride ourselves in offering our guests clean and comfortable rooms for a great rate. Being so close to so many venues makes our Inn a perfect fit for the vacationing traveler or the business person needing a getaway once business is completed. We look forward to your next stay with us!

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Hotel is right on the sea front, 200 yards +/- from the Pier and 500 yards +/- from the Boardwalk - location is central for all attractions and price is good too! Free WIFI too. Check in was fast and efficient and welcoming. Hotel has plenty of parking, some in the motel and under the motel while the rest is in a secure lot behind it. We booked into room 205 on the second floor, at the rear of the hotel. Room was nice with a king sized bed, A/C, TV, ironing table and iron, it had a desk which was good for laying stuff out on, plenty of hanging space and also 3 drawers for clothes. It had NO coffee maker!

Off the bedroom was a small ante room with a sink, mirror microwave and fridge. Leading off that was a toilet/bath/shower.

Breakfast was your typical light conintinental style meal with the usual culprits available. It was fine but the room was quite small and filled up quickly. It is free! There is a Denny's across the road for those who like big breakfasts.

All in all I thought the room was nice and modern and great value and I'd go back in a shot.

Room Tip: We stayed at the rear of the hotel incase the noise from the boulevard was loud - we did not hear a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Coastview I, Guest Relations Manager at Coastview Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your comments on your stay with us at Coastview Inn. We pride ourselves on offering clean and comfortable rooms for our guests and are pleased you enjoyed your stay. As we are located so close to the beach it makes it a fun walk to see the beach without having to drive and look for parking. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in our area.
Jackson,ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We spent 4 nights here and for the most part we were happy. I noticed when I went to check in that the floors in the office were really dirty, like they hadn't been swept in weeks. Lots of dust bunnies and sand all around the floor corners, etc. We went to our room and it was very small so I upgraded to an ocean view which was much better and roomier.( Two queen beds and enough room to put a blow up mattress on the floor for my son). The room seemed very clean and the view was great. My daughter noticed that the sheets came un tucked and that on the mattress cover that enclosed the top mattress had stains on it. That kind of made us un easy about the cleanliness of the room. The sheets were clean so we just dealt with it. They used flat sheets instead of fitted sheets. The staff was very accommodating and nice. The continental breakfast so very basic. (Toast, rolls, cereal, juice and coffee/tea.) The pool looked dirty like it needed to be vacuumed. The price was right and the location was awesome with free parking at the hotel.
P.S The day we checked out there was a cleaning lady finally cleaning the floors in the office where you check in.:) Oh, And the beds were very comfortable.
Overall, I would stay there again because the price was great and you couldn't beat the location right across the street from the beach and boardwalk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of your stay with us at Coastview Inn. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always our priority that our guests are provided with clean and comfortable rooms for a great price. Our location is wonderful as we are so close to the beach and offer ocean view rooms as well. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in our area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

This motel ticked all the boxes for us as it offered a great location at a good price. It was clean and had excellent facilities. Breakfast was fine pretty much what you would expect. Would recommend and stay again. Staff were very helpful too.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I liked the price for this hotel. It is right across the street from the beach, ample parking and nice, simple rooms. Staff is very nice. Only hiccup, the breakfast room is incredibly small (used to be a room), so finding a "sit down" "spot" might be difficult.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay with us at Coastview Inn. We appreciate you lovely comments about our motel being well located as we are so very close to the beach.. It is our priority that we provide clean and comfortable rooms for our guests and are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Please come stay with us again the next time you are in our area.
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I spent two nights here, and was very happy. Parking is plentiful, though the upper deck is less than convenient. When I checked in, I was not told about the continental breakfast, so I missed it the first morning. But, the room was comfortable, and relatively spacious, and a good value, so I will return when I'm in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Coastview I, Guest Relations Manager at Coastview Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for your responding to your stay with us at Coastview Inn. We do offer clean and comfortable rooms right across the street from the beach and boardwalk. Our free parking is a real time saver of having to look for a space or pay for parking , as ours is free for our guests. We are sorry you missed out on the free continental breakfast provided for our guests and will take that up with the front desk to remind then to share that information to all our guests.Our value that we offer is incredible when you put all the benefits together and you saying you will stay again is what we love to hear from our guests. See you soon!
Lincoln, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

the staff was great close to everything loved my stay will stay again the rooms were very clean and the pool was very clean excellent staff service the beach was across the street loved the sounds of the seals the breakfast was ok the parking was free at the hotel

Room Tip: top floor is best I did not see a fitness center or kids activities they have a nice and clean pool...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for responding to your stay with us at Coastview Inn. You have us dead on when you say we are a great beach property for the price. We offer clean and comfortable rooms for your stay and also offer free parking for our guests. Our location is one of the best as we are about 10 min from downtown for more venues to check out. We look forward to your next stay with us when you are in our area.

Been to Coastview Inn? Share your experiences!