“One night stay in Santa Cruz” 4 of 5 stars

Coastview Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Beach St, Santa Cruz, CA 95060   |
Ranked #26 of 52 hotels in Santa Cruz
Fresno, California, United States
“One night stay in Santa Cruz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My daughter was visiting from out of state and we wanted to enjoy some time at the coast, and decided on Santa Cruz. We liked that the hotel is across the street from the beach. Staff was very friendly when we checked in, and our room was clean and comfortable. Night noise was minimal. The continental breakfast was good, but there could have been more choices. Overall, we were happy with our accomodations and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

188 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Ceres, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Location, location, location!!! When I was planning our trip to Santa Cruz one of the most important aspects was the location of the hotel. If you like friendly staff, comfortable beds, clean rooms, and yes right across the street from the action, this is the place for you! The hotel was recently renovated and is AAA Diamond approved. The rates are reasonable for this area as you know it is always cost more on the weekends. The complimentary continental breakfast is nice coffee, tea, Danish, toast etc. Oh, did I mention no parking fees! I must admit I was a little skeptical when I booked based on some of the reviews I had read. However after staying I would stay again, and would recommend to friends and family. Keep up the great work see you next time.

Room Tip: We had room 201 excellent view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife, daughter, and I stayed here on a whim and looked ok, looks can be deceiving. ALL the pillows smelled like sweat(so we did not use them, too disgusting). Decided to take a shower the drain was clogged with hair(which I cleaned out,even worse than the pillows)from past guests, also the drainage lever to the tub was broken since who knows when. So I ask, $100.00 for this? Will not come back.

• Stayed April 2013
stockton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Here right now just cleaned my room with Clorox ..... we paid about 160 dollars for this room.. not vacumed...all mirrors dirty...even the counters were not wiped down ...... come on guys... you are charging full summer prices...the least you could do was give us a clean room....

• Stayed April 2013
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

There's not a lot I can say about the Coastview Inn! It was a very reasonably priced hotel which provided a convenient stop off en-route to San Francisco. Having a free car park on-site was welcome, as was the proximity to the beach and pier. I personally found Santa Cruz to be uninspiring but that's a matter of opinon!

The room was basic but clean and perfectly adequate. Staff were very friendly and helpful. At one point I thought the car battery had been stolen, however it transpired that it was flat. The kind receptionist arranged for a local garage to come and jump start the car which was very helpful.

I wouldn't stay here again as I wouldn't wish to visit Santa Cruz again! However, if the hotel was located somewhere else then I would not hesitate in staying!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view, otherwise you will end up looking over an abandoned building!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Kearney, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are simple but the location can't be beat. It is located right across the street from the beach and a short wall to the pier and the boardwalk. The Firefish Grill was wonderful. The mini golf across the street was quite inexpensive at $5 for 18 holes. The pool was dirty and never used. This was not a big deal as the beach was across the street. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We originally made reservations for the paradise inn accross the street because it was cheaper. Little did we know we would be running in the opposite direction as soon as we got there. We came here and they were so friendly and the room we stayed in was great. We didn't even have reservations and we were able to get a room for two nights. It's clean and well updated. Everything works great in the room and we are literally across the street from the beach and boardwalk.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Coastview Inn? Share your experiences!