“Pleased with our stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn and Suites Santa Cruz

You added Days Inn and Suites Santa Cruz to your Saves list
Days Inn and Suites Santa Cruz
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Riverside Drive, Santa Cruz, CA 95060 (Formerly Santa Cruz Beach Inn)   |
Ranked #31 of 52 Hotels in Santa Cruz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Fort Bragg, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just as everyone has said BEST LOCATION! As soon as checking in I read pool and double hot tubs are closed! A hot tub is one of my main features in choosing a hotel. Our room was in very much need of repairs. I stepped into the room to be greeted bye a torn and tattered piece of carpet at the door jam that I tripped over, yet was happy to lay on one of the comfy beds. My son picked up the phone to find the WiFi password and the cord fell out so we laughed. Nearly the whole room had no outlets to charge your laptop unless you sat on the toilet or unplugged the clock in the room. The sliding door didn't work nor the windows open as well as a fuzzy TV with 10 channels and "NO SIGNAL" for HBO and Showtime. I could keep telling you some really fun stories but like the shower going hot cold, hot cold and the blow dryer was cracked at the top of the plug so that you could have a real shocking time near the Boardwalk LOL! I did love the staff and showed them the many problems so that maintenance can fix this room ASAP! The grounds are very safe with sliding gates at night and it does have a wonderful courtyard in the center. I just ended up with a BUNK room but, thanks to Brie, one of the staff members showing true professionalism and concern, I can laugh at it and feel that something will be done!

Room Tip: The higher floors looked much better and try getting one with the deck facing the courtyard you woul...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ash V, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Santa Cruz, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will certainly address your concerns.First of all i would like to apologies that our pool and spa were under refurbishment while you were staying with us.but we had our sister property within walking distance. All of our inhouse guest were informed that they are more than welcome to use the pool and spa facility at our sister property.Regarding inconvenience you encountered in your room, i wish you would have said something to one of our associate or me personally while you were staying with us and given us an opportunity to fix the problems you had in your room or we would have been more than happy to change your room but i wish you would have said something.We have somone here at the desk 24/7 and also we have maintainence staff who are on duty .I assure you we would have left no stone unturned to fix any issue you had in your room during your stay.I apologies once again and i hope you give us a second chance if you happen to come to santa cruz.
Santa Barbara
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The only complaint was the hot water temperature took a long time. Also, needed heavier blankets on the bed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

We appreciate all business at the Days Inn & Suites Santa Cruz and know you have many choices when visiting Santa Cruz and are honored you chose to stay with us.I apologies about the hot water tempreature took long and also need of heavier blanket. We have the best weather in santa cruz it hardly gets too cold or too hot in santa cruz keeping that in consideration we recently changed from heavy blanket to little thin ones.But you can always ask for extra blanket if you need one and we would be more than happy to bring one to you.Hope you give us a second chance when you come to santa cruz.Thank you again for your review.
New Orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Although I picked the hotel from the internet, I thought it was the best that I could have chosen after exploring the surrounding area. Very convenient to all that I needed.
Front desk staff could have been more engaging during breakfast. I also work in a hotel
and we are expected to interact more with the guests to make sure that they are enjoying the stay. Check in was good but check out was excellent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn and Suites Santa Cruz? Share your experiences!