“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

Aqua Breeze Inn
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   204 Second Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060   |
Ranked #38 of 53 Hotels in Santa Cruz
luton
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Good location for beach but would have preferred to be nearer the down town area as It had many more interesting things to do out of season . The room was ok clean enough and good having wi fi all very basic and the area really wasn't as bad as we thought it would be . Ok for one eve

• Stayed September 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed here for two nights during our trip around the West Coast. It was perfectly safe and the owners were relatively friendly, however the thing that sold it to us was the location!!!

Cons: tv was fuzzy- however this wasn't too much of an issue as we aren't big tv lovers. Lots of loads noise at night- the other residents were particularly loud- not a reflection of the inn itself but possibly who it attracts?

Pros: breakfast was simple and good for the price you pay. Like I said the location was great, and rooms were clean.

If you want a stop off for a few nights and you don't care about noise too much then i'd reccommend.

• Stayed July 2012
Stockton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I love that this Hotel is right across from the Boardwalk. What I would like to rate them on was the service. I was still two hours away and called to let them know I would not arrive on time. When we arrived Kamil was there waiting for us. He helped us to our room. This was way after check - in hours. Saturday morning he had coffee ready and informed us of the James Durbin concert on the Boardwalk. After the concert we went downtown to get a bite to eat. When we arrived Kamil noticed us coming into the parking lot, there was no parking on our side. He informed us of a stall on the other side in front of the office. It made us feel better knowing that they know who comes in and out of the parking area. Great Place, Great Concert, Great Service, Great Time in Santa Cruz!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Fresno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Aqua Breeze is a perfect location; right across from the boardwalk, walking distance to many other attractions, clean, friendly service; managment very accomodating to guests, very family friendly

Room Tip: all rooms are perfect location but corner rooms were the best, downstairs is what we prefer
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Armona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I took my grandchildren to Santa Cruz to see the boardwalk and this motel is right there. I seen alot of mixed reviews about this motel. I found it to be clean. The beds and linen were also clean so we were happy.With it being on the boardwalk it was very quiet at night. We did have a small problem with the breaker but the management was right on it . The management was very friendly and helpful. We will come back to this motel again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor it was a very quiet area.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
New Mexico now (lived in Jamaica and Trinidad)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I knew it would be no-frills, but I just needed a place to sleep and the price and central location were right. I'm not easily grossed out... I've spent time in lots of developing countries.
This hotel is near good areas, but not in one. The hotel lobby was full of broken vacuum cleaners and junk. Front desk clerk was weird and threw a tantrum when he couldn't figure out from my online receipt if I had pre-paid for my room or not. Unfortunately I had.
I'm not making this up: the guy staying in the room below mine had a full-size Nazi flag up in his window. He came out of his room, smoking a cigarette, and looked scary. I saw reviews that said the place was popular with late night partiers, but I figured, being the off-season, it wouldn't be bad. Wrong - I could hear people above, below and beside me, gearing up for the night. My room smelled strongly of cleaning products and bad vibes.
Went to dinner with my friends and then came back and checked out. I'm going to try to get my money back for three nights stay, but I went through Priceline, so not sure I can (any advice appreciated), because I didn't even spend one night.
I walked past the wharf and found the Seaway Inn, that was perfect. There seem to be a lot of nice, reasonable hotels near the wharf, and I should have waited till I got to Santa Cruz to find a hotel. I don't know what the summer rates would be, but I will *never* try to cut corners that way again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
AquaBreezeManagement, Manager at Aqua Breeze Inn, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
I'm sorry to hear you had such a terrible stay in Santa Cruz, but I do not believe that our property was the one you stayed at. As a person of color, I, nor any of our staff, would ever allow anyone to display a Nazi flag in the window of one of our rooms, that along with the specific mention of broken vacuum cleaners in our lobby, not to mention the remarks about the room's cleanliness, really makes it appear as though your review was in regards to a different property. Also, we did not have any guests that booked online that weekend check out early.
We do however welcome you to come and stay with us so that we can show you in person that we are one of the "nice hotels" you mentioned seeing in Santa Cruz.
Manteca, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Good location if going to boardwalk. If there is a problem at night, no night person to help.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
AquaBreezeManagement, Manager at Aqua Breeze Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Dear Guest,
I'm sorry to hear you were not able to find help at night. Though our main office is closed from 10:30pm to 8am, there is always someone available for assistance at our night window, directions to which are found on either door of our office.
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay otherwise, and hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Been to Aqua Breeze Inn? Share your experiences!