“good for 1 or two day stay” 3 of 5 stars

Aqua Breeze Inn
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   204 Second Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060   |
Ranked #33 of 51 hotels in Santa Cruz
Manteca, CA
“good for 1 or two day stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Good location if going to boardwalk. If there is a problem at night, no night person to help.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
AquaBreezeManagement, Manager at Aqua Breeze Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Dear Guest,
I'm sorry to hear you were not able to find help at night. Though our main office is closed from 10:30pm to 8am, there is always someone available for assistance at our night window, directions to which are found on either door of our office.
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay otherwise, and hope you will stay with us again in the future.

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

New owner - wanted to give it a chance, with its location & value. Checked out in the early morning, after 2nd nite - and discovered I had bed bug bites on my ankles, face, wrist, hand! New experience for me! 1 week later, face still swollen, itching. The room was clean, but musty smell. Bed very comfortable - guess that's why I slept thru the bites! They never made up the room the 2nd morning, only gave an apology. So I cannot say there is good customer service. Would never return. No response to bed bug complaint.

Room Tip: For sure avoid the room over the office. I know bed bugs were a previous problem - they said from p...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
I am very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us, we do make every effort to make sure our guests have a pleasant stay, so I am sorry to hear that was not the case for you.
I must point out though that the 2 things you have accused us of are untrue according to my findings, and that
In regards to your accusation of us having bed bugs, you never made any mention of bed bugs at any point during your stay or when you left. We did however read your review which prompted us to :immediately call our pest control company to search for and deal with any bed bugs that may have been in the room you stayed in, to which they reported not finding a single one. We have not had a single incident of bed bugs in that room since we took over and remodeled, and haven't had any since your stay, so I cannot believe that actually happened.
In regards to your room not being serviced, we did apologies for the oversight and did offer to service your room right away, but you declined our offer and instead only exchanged towels.

Again, I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay, but I don't want false information being circulated online.
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Well where can I start talking about this great place.... I loved this hotel it was Clean and super near the boardwalk in Santa Cruz..... The costumer service was excellent. To be honest it's really hard to find places like THIS anymore......i almost forgot good pricing also.
Thank you guys so much.

Room Tip: I am all about costumer service and they were great!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Livermore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I had planned an overnight stay with my daughter in Santa Cruz to have one more night away near the beach before college begins. We made reservations, and the plans got cancelled the day before. I admit I was intimidated by the bad reviews but after speaking with Kamal (he answered the phone) I feel much better about staying there. He explained to me how much they have renovated and are NOT what others have said about the hotel. I believe him and since customer service is a HIGH priority with this hotel~~ I WILL stay there my next trip guaranteed! I value places that honor customer satisfaction...its a rarity these days! Give them a try!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

If you are looking for the Hilton, this is not it. However, if you like 1) to be REALLY CLOSE to the beach/boardwalk 2) Free Wifi 3) onsite laundry facilities 4) very reasonable prices, then this place is for you. I can understand why some people would not be happy staying here, but I thought the place offered everything that I needed without breaking my wallet. Parking spaces are very small so vehicles end up being parked VERY CLOSE TOGETHER!! There are actually 2 sides to the motel and it appears that one side may be rented out to locals (??).

We had a 2 bedroom kitchenette that was a perfect set-up for our weeklong stay. There was a tv in the living area and the master bedroom which was really nice since we were traveling with our children. Our room did have new tile, but I would suggest that they either do away with the couch or buy a cover for it, (we actually covered it with our own blanket :>( There was plenty of hot water and our housekeeper was great!! It actually took only 5 minutes to step foot into the ocean from our room, (and we didn't walk fast at all). The location is perfect!

I would recommend this motel to anyone that is on a tight budget and looking for a place to stay close to the beach. If you are one of those people who have high expectations and are hard to please, you might want to go elsewhere. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Martinez, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Great location for family. Just a short block to boardwalk and beach.
Good remodel on bathrooms and new appliances. Did'nt think we would use frig. or microwave, but they sure came in handy.
Front desk was very helpful for information on good eating spots.
Hope to go back soon.

Room Tip: If your looking for a view, the second floor deck is awsome
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Live Oak, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We have stayed here for 20 years. It is a great location and the current owners were very nice to us. They even let us park are tent trailer there, without an extra charge. I know there are some bad reviews, i to was concerd after reading about bugs and dirty rooms.
Our suite was clean and bug free. We will be retuning this month. For the price, location and friendliness you can't go wrong.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Aqua Breeze Inn? Share your experiences!