“Best hotel in Santa cruz” 5 of 5 stars

Aqua Breeze Inn
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   204 Second Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060   |
Ranked #37 of 53 Hotels in Santa Cruz
San Rafael, California
“Best hotel in Santa cruz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Well where can I start talking about this great place.... I loved this hotel it was Clean and super near the boardwalk in Santa Cruz..... The costumer service was excellent. To be honest it's really hard to find places like THIS anymore......i almost forgot good pricing also.
Thank you guys so much.

Room Tip: I am all about costumer service and they were great!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Livermore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I had planned an overnight stay with my daughter in Santa Cruz to have one more night away near the beach before college begins. We made reservations, and the plans got cancelled the day before. I admit I was intimidated by the bad reviews but after speaking with Kamal (he answered the phone) I feel much better about staying there. He explained to me how much they have renovated and are NOT what others have said about the hotel. I believe him and since customer service is a HIGH priority with this hotel~~ I WILL stay there my next trip guaranteed! I value places that honor customer satisfaction...its a rarity these days! Give them a try!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

If you are looking for the Hilton, this is not it. However, if you like 1) to be REALLY CLOSE to the beach/boardwalk 2) Free Wifi 3) onsite laundry facilities 4) very reasonable prices, then this place is for you. I can understand why some people would not be happy staying here, but I thought the place offered everything that I needed without breaking my wallet. Parking spaces are very small so vehicles end up being parked VERY CLOSE TOGETHER!! There are actually 2 sides to the motel and it appears that one side may be rented out to locals (??).

We had a 2 bedroom kitchenette that was a perfect set-up for our weeklong stay. There was a tv in the living area and the master bedroom which was really nice since we were traveling with our children. Our room did have new tile, but I would suggest that they either do away with the couch or buy a cover for it, (we actually covered it with our own blanket :>( There was plenty of hot water and our housekeeper was great!! It actually took only 5 minutes to step foot into the ocean from our room, (and we didn't walk fast at all). The location is perfect!

I would recommend this motel to anyone that is on a tight budget and looking for a place to stay close to the beach. If you are one of those people who have high expectations and are hard to please, you might want to go elsewhere. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Martinez, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Great location for family. Just a short block to boardwalk and beach.
Good remodel on bathrooms and new appliances. Did'nt think we would use frig. or microwave, but they sure came in handy.
Front desk was very helpful for information on good eating spots.
Hope to go back soon.

Room Tip: If your looking for a view, the second floor deck is awsome
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Live Oak, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We have stayed here for 20 years. It is a great location and the current owners were very nice to us. They even let us park are tent trailer there, without an extra charge. I know there are some bad reviews, i to was concerd after reading about bugs and dirty rooms.
Our suite was clean and bug free. We will be retuning this month. For the price, location and friendliness you can't go wrong.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

My boyrfriend and I stayed her for a couple of months due to some bad/ hard times and they were great. They have cheap weekly rates with rooms that have kitchens. Its in a great location really close to the boardwalk and beaches. They also have a washer and dryer for you to use while staying here which came in handy. They are also pet friendly which was a HUGE plus for my boyfriend and I we have a dog and they only charged us a small pet fee (most places in santa cruz dont allow pets). All around a great decent priced room for daily weekly and monthly rentals. Definitely a decent place to stay for a short time or a long time!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Manteca, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

Room actually had 4' flourecsent shop light in sleeping area, stayed 2 nights, no housecleaning or fresh towels through stay, rug in front of bathroom was constantly damp, remote for tv didn't work, asked for assistance, got "instructions" that we could not understand, 2nd day came back from visiting family in hospital to find they rent out the parking lot for boardwalk goer's, had to park next door at a "construction area", pool is closed with a green tint to the water, pool was one of the reasons we booked there..VERY LET DOWN.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Aqua Breeze Inn? Share your experiences!