“Much better than average Chinese food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Dim Sum
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Aptos
“Much better than average Chinese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We've tried most of the Chinese restaurants in the Santa Cruz area, and so far this is our favorite. They offer a wide variety of dishes, many of which are not found on most menus. The flavor and freshness of the dishes we've tried have been very good, although we do find their chow mein to be a little dry. The service is prompt and friendly. The decor is pleasant (meaning that there actually is decor, unlike a lot of places!) and parking is adequate since they're located in a small shopping center.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“An institution!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Growing up there were two places I used to go to/order Chinese food from, the first was Salt & Pepper in Juhu & the second one was Dynasty. This place has maintained it's charm & its consistency for many a years & lot of the old service staff are still there as well, happily taking your order or recommending you some new dishes to try. The place no matter how many Chinese restaurants have opened up in the city still is packed & still has not lost its old charm!!! I love the place & will keep going back there for some amazing food!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Malibu, California, United States
“Good Chinese food and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stopped by to have a light dinner; the service was quite good and the staff was friendly. Typical chinese food menu with an abundance of choices. They did have a couple of local seafood based specials. Food was good and fresh, well prepared. Prices were reasonable. There were several Families and couples eating dinner and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Captiola
“All the bad reviews are from Guan Zho's employees..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I mean come on "worst chinese" "go to Guan Zho right down the street?" Hm, pretty suspicious if you ask me, and honestly they have sabotaged their yelp page too by spamming it and now they wont let any good reviews on.I am only posting on here because I posted on yelp and they removed my review 24hours later, I talked to the owner as well and she has been telling me she has had a lot of customers post good reviews and they all stay for 24hours and then are removed. This is sickening, how can people have such horrible morals? "Make them suffer in order for us to succeed" is their motto, and honestly their food is OKAY but compared to Dynasty their service and quality of food lacks a lot.. I love the owner of this place, she is just seriously so nice, it's sad to me people are evil enough to try to do this.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Cruz, CA
“terrible place, annoying to neighbors”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

I hate their food, it's like reheated chinese food. And worse it's expensive!
I live close by, and find myself very annoyed when they play loud music sometimes until 4 in the morning. I have found myself in the need of calling the police. When the police arrive they turn the music off, but once their gone they turn it back on. So I call them again! They have no respect for their neighbors, or authority!
If their food was good I would say it! Honest, I love Chinese food! But seriously I'd rather eat at the Guan Zho Restaurant a few feet away located at 3150 portola Dr.
Their Orange chicken, and thei Sweet and Sour Pork is delicious!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere