“Friendly staff, homey feel!” 4 of 5 stars

Bay Front Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   325 Pacific Avenue, Santa Cruz, CA 95060   |
Ranked #23 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Whittier
“Friendly staff, homey feel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

The Bay Front Inn has very helpful & friendly staff. The location was good because it was a 15 minute walk to both the wharf and downtown. The pool looked so inviting but we were so busy at the boardwalk and shopping downtown we never got to go in the pool. I wanted so to ride the courtesy bikes but just didn't stay long enough. Next time for sure! Breakfast was delicious and filling-thank you!

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Portadown, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Don't go here. Rooms smell of vomit. Unclean. Staff unfriendly and unhelpful. We tried to cancel the booking but were not allowed. Only thing going for the hotel is the location which is quite near the beach. Other than, it's all bad. Never again.

Stayed August 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Unfortunately stayed in this dirt for one night. Booked it over the phone and on arrival went to see the room and i could not believe the dirt and smell i have experienced. Refused to take the room and i been told by a funny looking guy at reception that he will still charge me for the night even if i don't stay. Hope this review will help genuine hard working people who worked hard for their cash. Please avoid as nobody needs any hassle on holidays!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Lincoln,California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Pros: Josh at the front desk was fabulous. We booked a king bed 108 thinking the room would be bigger but it only had a bed. No drawers of any kind or desk. Josh gave us a TV tray and a chair to use our first night since the inn was booked. I felt this went above and beyond what anyone else would do. We moved the next day to a queen room 116. It was much better, Desk, drawers and much more renovated. The wood floors are great. We did not have a pet but pets are allowed. No odors from previous guests pets. I felt breakfast was good. Waffles, cereal, juice, fruit, yogurt, etc. Bed was very good, clean room.
Cons: there was only one desk chair and not a comfortable one. We took a pool chair in our room, it was actually more comfortable than the desk chair. The room was large enough to support a comfy big chair besides the desk chair. Would recommend management add to room.

Room Tip: Call hotel and ask if there are drawers, desks and how many comfy chairs in room. 116 Queen bed room...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The hotel is walking distance to the beach and boardwalk which was great. Also walking distance to the Santa Cruz Wharf. Clean rooms and friendly staff. The family suite was more than perfect for our family of six. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

On July 10, I made a reservation and was told my room rate would t $104 per night for three nights the following week. I was assured the reservation was in place and had a confirmation number. When I checked in, they only had me down for one night. They were lovely about finding me a room for the three nights but charged me way above and beyond the quoted price. They refused to honor the quoted price. I asked to speak to the the desk manager, the manager, and the general manager. Nothing. I left messages at the desk, made phone calls. Nothing happened. They ignored me until I left. Follow up calls have been ignored.

I only wanted one thing. Please honor your quote to me. Very simple. Just talk to me, return my call, something that lets me know you care about your clients. Have stayed there many times, won't be there again. They had a new, obviously untrained staff who could only say "I don't know" and then general management didn't exist.

Another client was standing in the foyer at the same time. They had moved him from room to room, had no beds for his children, charged him more than what he was quoted. Watch out. They aren't honest and the kids working there are untrained. I am not mentioning names because these young people need their jobs. This is corporate mismanagement at its best. They just don't care.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

The rooms had been remodeled and were fairly nice, but the staff went above and beyond. We were a bachelorette party and on our second day we were all hurting from a night downtown. After breakfast, we received a knock on the door and it was the front desk admin with a great hang over cure. The front desk guy with the shaggy brown hair was so friendly and helpful I could not imagine staying anywhere else!

• Stayed August 2014