When I first arrived at the motel with my 4-year old daughter, my first thought was, "There is no way I am going to feel safe in this place." I went in with the idea of canceling my reservation and looking for somewhere else. I'm completely change my mind however, when I was greeted by an amazingly sweet and helpful young man working the front desk. We were given our room number (102) and I felt a little bit better about being behind a locked gate. The room was standard but sufficient for what we needed it for.
- Service: Excellent! The young man working the desk around 4pm on August 27 2013 was very sweet and helpful. I mentioned that we were headed straight down to the beach and he gave me a bag for me in case I needed an extra one to carry our stuff, which was a nice touch. He answered all my questions about tickets versus wristbands for the boardwalk and I felt like he actually cared that we enjoyed our stay.
- Value: Very good! A very reasonably priced hotel for the location.
- Sleep Quality: Very good! Our patio was on the street-side and we could hear some noise, but it wasn't terrible.
- Cleanliness: Very good! The room was clean, which is all I care about. It's a bit dated, but that was to be expected.
- Location: Excellent! Location, location, location! Being able to step out the hotel entry way and be right across the street from the entrance to the Boardwalk was AWESOME. I grew up going to the Boardwalk every summer and this was the first time I was able to take my daughter. Having the convenience of being able to easily get back to our room when she got tired was great! We were able to park our car in the hotel parking lot and walk everywhere very easily.
- Rooms: Average! It was a bit stuffy in our room. I didn't see an AC unit but they did have a fan. We really wanted to sleep with the patio sliding door open but the noise and my concerns for safety didn't allow for that. We didn't come here expecting the Ritz or anything so it met our (low) expectations.
If you're coming to the Boardwalk with the intention of being on the beach all day and on the Boardwalk and want quick and easy access, this is the hotel for you. That's exactly what we expected and exactly what we got.
Right now, there is active construction going on and construction hours are 0730 until 1630, so be aware of that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The family-friendly Carousel Beach Inn is just steps away from the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and the Main Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Carousel Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carousel Motel Santa Cruz
- Carousel Hotel Santa Cruz
- Carousel Santa Cruz