“Consistently good pizza, nice local vibe” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Consistently good pizza, nice local vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Recently stopped by for a quick dinner while strolling Pacific Ave. and my expectations for good pizza were met once again. There is always a steady flow of customers, ensuring that the pizza will be oven fresh. Good quality ingredients prepared well make for a winning combination. Staff are also charming: young, inexperienced (is this your first job?) but friendly and (usually) eager to please. Beer on tap also ups the experience of a quick slice by a notch or two.

Disclaimer: I first fell in love with Pizza My Heart in Capitola in the 1970's. I'm glad they've expanded, but the location on the Esplanade will remain my true love.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Houston
“In the heart of Downtown, solid pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My family ate here based on reviews we read about their pizza. Great location as it is in heart of downtown Santa Cruz. We sat outside in the evening and the streets and sidewalks are full of action. Pizza is above average but I would not suggest by the slice but rather order a full pizza off the menu. We ordered the Big Sur and loved it. Not typically pizza as it was loaded with garlic and olive oil but was unique and tasty. Very family friendly spot.

Santa Cruz, CA
“has gone downhill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This place used to be really good. Since it expanded into a larger restaurant, it has gone way downhill. Many times since then, when I've called for delivery, the phone rings and rings and no one ever answers. Many times, when the pizza has been delivered, it is undercooked, hence the "Chucky Cheese" type pizza one of the other reviewers has mentioned. Also, it's relatively expensive for the quality and poor service. Hopefully, they will shape up.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Munich, Germany
“Delicious Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

It's a little chain, friendly staff, atmosphere is more like fast food restaurant, food (pizza / salami) is pretty good. Take 14inch only if you are really hungry. Price is okay, had two pizzas (salami) and a greek salad for 35$. If you want take away then order in advance, it takes 25 min otherwise.

Bellevue, Washington
“The best?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Well - not the best I have ever had and a local friend still believes that it is better than the best in NY - I disagree - but we'll leave that debate to another day.

Crust was very good,and quite chewy, sauce was also great and the cheese and pepperoni were delectable - nice and greasy. Some blot the grease - I eat it with pleasure.

All in all some of the better pizza I have had and one of the best West coast offerings for sure - if not the best!

Visited May 2014