“Disappointing.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Rescue, California
“Disappointing.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I came here for my birthday dinner and had such high expectations for a romantic dinner with wonderful seafood. Those expectations were shot down immediately after we were seated. They seated us in a booth next to a couple who had already been eating. Luckily, they were very friendly. You would think after a thirty minute wait you would at least get a good table. The bread they started us out with was very hard and not warm in the least bit. And they were serving cold bread with cold butter. We ordered the fried seafood platter and a bowl of clam chowder. The platter had a good piece of salmon on it, overly breaded shrimp, undercooked scallops and their, "fresh fish" which turned out to be tilapia. The clam chowder was pretty good. But that's not too hard to screw up. I felt bad for the poor guy waiting on us since clearly they needed to hire some more food servers and possibly another cook. I had to send my scallops back to be cooked more and even after they came back they were still undercooked. The prices were exorbitant. I guess I expected better seafood from a place located right on the ocean. Also in my own personal opinion the hostess' were dressed a little unprofessional. I could clearly see their bras hanging out, the dresses were low cut and they were exceptionally short. None of them had their hair up and they all had relatively long hair. I expected them to be dressed a little bit more professionally considering that everyone else that was working there was dressed very professionally.(e.g. Even the bus boys were dressed in black shirts on black slacks with groomed hair.) We had a fun time and a nice dinner but we're not going to be coming back.

• Visited April 2013