“Right price, right location, nice staff” 4 of 5 stars

Continental Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   414 Ocean Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060   |
Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Santa Cruz
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Right price, right location, nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed for a week at the Continental Inn, and it was so convenient to all the places I needed to go for my class, and for meals, and for scenery. The staff at the desk were so kind and good natured. My room had fridge, microwave, sitting room and very big bath space.
The only thing lacking was windows that open. I had air conditioning on, when the weather was lovely and cool at night, and I would rather have just opened the windows.
It was clean, and very quiet, considering it is on a large street.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sacramento, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful inside and out! The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. The bathroom was one i would be very happy with in my own home and they have hardwood floors so no smells from previous dogs that stayed here! I would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed October 2013
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

If you really desperately need to stay in Santa Cruz, Ca Please do more homework than what we did, actually we over-looked the reviews...SHAME ON US!!! The room is what it is; just a small room with an A/C barely working it gave out in the morning. Kind of scary the area is. We were told we had to go across the street to the main building for breakfast and to return our keys. As we were leaving in the morning we noticed a homeless man in one of the car ports...really!!! Thank God there were other people around, NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Room Tip: I hear from other's around the area The Paradox is newly renovated and better than Continental.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

i always comes back to this hotel, they do bump up the price tho in high season. so i try to go when its not haha. its walking distance to the boardwalk. Chinese restaurant across the street. the rooms are pretty small. i love the wood floor, nice decoration. bathroom is clean. bed is kinda hard for me. the breakfast is delicious ! free parking, free wi fi ! and their staff are nice. will be back for a day get away :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburg, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Spent a night here while I was staying in town for a gig. Very courteous employees. I have certain dietary restrictions and they were kind enough to ensure I would have plenty of food to eat at their breakfast. Great room, very open and quiet. Will be recommending to others passing through.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here the other day and once we checked in everything seemed fine. Room was ok until I walked into the bathroom. Their was a big clump of hair in the shower! I told the front desk and she said the manager was not in. So the next day was check out once again I asked I what was going to be done. She said the manger was still not in but she left a note and would refund my card. 3 days later still nothing. So I had to call my card and dispute it. That was a horrible place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was in the area for four days visiting a friend, and we actually enjoyed the room very much. The room had a very 'beach house' vibe, with the wood floors and decor. It was a quick 10 minute walk from the Boardwalk, with numerous other local places within walking distance. We didn't really investigate the pool, and the hot tub is literally located in the middle of the parking lot which we just found kind of odd and silly (especially the night that constant 'baby making music' was emanating from the hot tub enclosure)

We really enjoyed our time here though, and if I need to grab a room in Santa Cruz again, I'll know to shoot for the Continental Inn. My friend DID complain about the mattress comfort, though I had no problem and she is self admittedly picky about mattresses.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Continental Inn? Share your experiences!