“Great room, 7 min walk to boardwalk/downtown!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Continental Inn to your Saves list
Continental Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   414 Ocean Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060   |
Ranked #24 of 51 hotels in Santa Cruz
“Great room, 7 min walk to boardwalk/downtown!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in an upgraded king bed room on the office side of the inn. Good value, decent room but who needs a big room when your at the beach all day!? Minutes walking to boardwalk or downtown! Safe location, mini Mart next door, and cute little hot tub. In the summer, there tends to be a lot of the younger crowd but we don't mind! I would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Our one night stay at the Continental Inn was the bargain of our trip around California. The welcome was warm, the room was clean and comfortable, the location was convenient for a walk downtown and overall we look back and remember this place with affection. We would certainly stay there again and recommend it to other travellers too. Breakfast was included and we paid 76 dollars including taxes.
There is a jacuzzi pool but we didn't try it!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, there is some traffic noise but it didn't concern us.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

They had given us the wrong room but I went back to the desk and they fixed it quickly. The room was super clean and everything seemed new. The beds were a little uncomfortable and the TV wouldn't turn on but we would stay again. Free big breakfast was a plus, lots to choose from.

• Stayed April 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I am thankful I did not stay here, but a friend (ex-friend) of our family had a family emergency and had to travel to Santa Cruz - he called and asked if I would help him out with a hotel room until he arranged to stay with family members - i spoke with the clerk, Tiffany on the phone and told her I would pay for one night only - I repeat ONE NIGHT ONLY - she said it would be $65 and gave her my credit card info and didn't think anything further. The friend was suppose to arrive home the following Saturday but never called for a ride - well come to find out he was still sitting in the hotel room. I found this out by going on line to pay my credit card and seeing a charge of close to $300 on my credit card. Called the hotel and spoke with Tiffany and manager Tracy Guzman and told them I only gave them permission for one night!!!! they charged me 8 nights but agreed to take off some ???? and charge me$257.90. I filed a complaint wih Discover and received a letter that Tracy Guzman had written to them - she stated that I checked in with my friend and provided them with my license and credit card and told them I was paying for the room. Accordingly to her I saw my friend all 8 days he was at the hotel. Kind of hard to do since I live in Phoenix, Az and have plenty of proof - especially since I was at work all week! Guess I have a twin??? The letter she wrote my credit card company was full of lies lies lies - my credit card company paid them!!!!!! I can't believe the way this hotel operates and would never ever trust them to have any important imformation as it was really convienent that they couldn't produce proof that I was there and that I gave them my license and credit card - because of the law. I am filing a complaint with the BBB and the attorney generals office - granted I learned a valuable lesson in not trusting low life friends, but now you can't even trust the clerks and managers of a hotel!!!

Room Tip: don't stay there
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

wow. beautiful hardwood floors, super cute, beach-y decor complete with framed prints of old santa cruz postcards, this place is amazing. the room is tiny and can barely fit the bed, but it is gorgeous and doesn't smell like a homeless person was sleeping here the night before, Great location because you're a 5 minute walk from downtown, perfect for after a night at the catalyst, and you're only a 10 minute walk from the beach! i wish i could live here, the room was so beautiful and the wi-fi is super-fast too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Martinez, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

What a horrible experience. The only positive thing I have to say about this motel is that the rooms were very clean. Other than that, the entire stay was a disaster. From our room not being ready until over 2 hours after we were told, to the "heated pool" being dirty, cold and ACROSS THE STREET, and the "Spa" in the back corner of the parking lot, I am honestly surprised this motel is still operating. Upon trying to discuss my experience with the motel manager, she couldn't stop herself from telling me how terrible she has it there to listen to my issues as a customer. And good luck trying to speak with the owner, I was told by 2 different employees that they don't know her name, and only see her once every 2 weeks, to get paid. Poorly managed, horribly ran and pathetic excuse for a motel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Milano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

just asking around in Santa Cruz, looking for a non expencive hotel/motel to stay for a weekend in the city, we found this hotel and was very very good. Big breakfast, very clean and comfortable rooms, free internet.
I told the hostess that i was going to positively review this place and I did it.
Ciao from Milan (Italy)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Continental Inn? Share your experiences!