We've originally stayed at the Ramada Limited on Water Street two years ago (and many times since!). After previously trying 6-8 other motels in SC, we heard recommendations for two hotels in town from a variety of friends -- this Ramada (there's two in town, I think) and the Victorian Inn. Both came very highly recommended for their very clean and well-maintained rooms, pool, and property as well as exceptionally friendly staff. Turns out they are the same property -- the Ramada used to be the Victorian Inn, before they signed up with Ramada.
The only possible draw-back we heard was that they were firm and strict about their "no pets on the property" policy, reminding guests at reservation and check-in. As cat owners, I appreciate their stance and notification ahead of time, so we could plan accordingly. The cleanliness and quietness of the property was well worth the policy. The owners/managers are the friendliest and most gracious of hosts. The property is convenient to everything in town, and yet a block of the main thouroughfare (Ocean Street), so as to be quiet and relaxing. The pool is large and immaculate. Bedrooms (beds) and bathrooms are wonderfully clean and comfortable. The owners consistantly upgrade the property (during the off-season/days so as not to disturb guests).
BTW, our two-cents on the post re being turned away for extra people in the room.... whenever we make a reservation, staff asks us the # of guests in the room. The one time we tried for 5 in a room, we were politely advised that the limit is four, and would need to book two rooms (insurance/fire laws to follow and policy of maintaining quality rooms rather than risk damage and over-abuse with too many people). Another policy I appreciate and am thankful for. I cannot possibly believe that the managers could be close to being the rude type the other reviewer claimed. My guess is that she was trying to "slide one by" even after learning the policy and is complaining to cover her follies. Try calling them/staying there for yourself and see.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Limited Santa Cruz Water Street Hotel
- Ramada Limited Santa Cruz Water Street Hotel Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Ramada
- Ramada Santa Cruz
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relish the comforts of home when you choose to stay at our Ramada Limited Santa Cruz. Our hotel's location offers easy access to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, picturesque beaches, towering redwoods and terrific shopping. Ramada Limited Santa Cruz, CA hotel is the perfect starting point for a trip to Northern California.Corporate guests appreciate our business amenities and the location of our hotel in Santa Cruz, CA. We are located near local businesses such as Plantronics, Santa Cruz County Offices and UC Santa Cruz. We offer free high-speed wireless Internet access, USA Today Newspaper and a 24-hour business center, so you can stay productive while you travel. You can enjoy a barefoot stroll along the beach, thrill rides at the historic Santa Cruz Boardwalk or a visit to the Surfing Museum because our Santa Cruz hotel's location is perfect for a California vacation. The family might love a ride on the Roaring Camp Railroad through the Redwood forest. It's easy to take a vineyard tour, indulge in shopping at the Capitola Village or take a stroll along the Santa Cruz Wharf. Our hotel in Santa Cruz, CA has outstanding amenities like an outdoor seasonal heated pool and guest patio. There's even a free continental breakfast. Discover why we're the best choice among hotels in Santa Cruz, CA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Wyndham, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Ramada Limited Santa Cruz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.