“Had a lovely stop over” 4 of 5 stars

Edgewater Beach Motel
525 2nd st, Santa Cruz, CA 95060   |
Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Santa Cruz
San Diego, California
“Had a lovely stop over”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

What a wonderful place, great location, great amenities and friendly staff. We were made to feel most welcome, and the suite had everything we could need. Would definitely stay here again :) Hope to come back and spend more time exploring Santa Cruz, as I was traveling with my parents en route to my son's graduation in Sonoma.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Ennis, Clare, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We went to San Francisco on our honeymoon, we stayed 3 nights in the city which was more than enough. We then rented a car and decided to drive along the coast, Californian natives we met in the city suggested Santa Cruz so we decided to make this our first stop before moving on. We didn't book anywhere and had seen the place next door on trip advisor and called in when we got there to book a room they were full and recommended the Edgewater and I'm so glad they did.

We booked in for one night and the following morning we loved it so much we extended our stay by 2 more nights The rooms are cosy and have everything you need. Perfect location, very clean and they staff were just so friendly and helpful. If I ever make it to that side of the States again Santa Cruz and the Edgewater especially is top of the list.

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms, the normal rooms are just as nice as nice as the ones with the Jac...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Emeryville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

My husband and I plan many Santa Cruz every year and at lease one overnight. Our are usually impulsive- we tend to go when one of us is jonesin' for a good bowl of crab alfredo. What we look for when we are planning to stay overnight is a place where the room doors do not open into either a hallway or a rowdy party, a room that feels like it is at the beach, and a place where you can open the window and let all of the beach air into the room. The Edgewater Beach Motel accomplishes all of this for us and it goes above and beyond- the rooms are really cute and beachy, the location is great- close proximity to everything and beautiful views, and the staff is accommodating and personable- even if the motel itself was not as perfect for us as it is, the staff would keep us coming back.

We have stayed here a few times and we have stayed in two of the rooms. Our favorite room is a room with a fireplace where you can sleep with the window open all night- the absolute best waking up experience I have ever had was waking up in a room filled with cool beach air and fireplace warmth.

The Edgewater Beach Motel is great for couples but it is also great for families- We are excited about starting a family soon and cannot wait to bring them here- BBQ dinner on the room porch and stories by the room fire with glances to the window to watch the ocean water ebb and flow? Yes please!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

There are pros and cons to this Motel but the pros won handily for us. I would suggest the big suite, room 118, called the Captains Cabin, especially for families. The other rooms appear nicer from the pictures and that may be as the Captains Cabin clearly hasn't been remodeled in some time. What it does have though is space, a full kitchen, a private deck with a small yard overlooking the pier and ocean. The deck and yard are very nicely done and the view great. You can sit out on the deck with a drink, a book, a bbq, or coffee in the morning and it's fantastic. Another plus is it's a short unobstructed walk down hill to the pier and restaurants so makes for a nice stroll to dinner in the evening. Same with breakfast in the morning. The full kitchen and the bbq on the deck would be great for longer stays. You'd need to bring your own bbq but I definately will the next time. Parking is easy and the staff friendly. It's right next to the Dream Inn more or less. I'd say 100 yards to the pier and then 100 yards to the Dream Inn on one side and 100 yards to the Boardwalk on the other side. Keep in mind this is a Motel.

Room Tip: Captains Cabin, Room 118
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Pleasanton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We were greeted with a wonderful staff that was very helpful, anyone who says differently can find a bigger and much more expensive hotel that won't be as close as we were to the beach...the location we found fabulous and a delight. Everything you need is here. We had a full kitchen in complete working order and the beds were amazingly comfortable..the staff is fabulous and so kind,,if we needed extra towels we got them and anything else..don't hesitate to book a room here, the rooms go quick and now I know why..we had a group that was anywhere from 21 to 49 yrs of age and it was impressive to all..thank you to the staff, keep smiling like you did and we greatly appreciated the visit..bty, they called me the next day to let me know I left a few things behind like pillows..nice of them don't you think! We'll be seeing them soon!

Room Tip: We had a a fabulous room that allowed 6+ , it was great!! No question to that,,plenty of room. And v...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed at the Edgewater Beach Motel for the first time this past weekend and have to say that I am very impressed and pleased with my stay. Even though they have a 2 night stay-minimum, they were able to accommodate me at the last minute and set me up with a beautiful room that definitely scored me some points with my girlfriend. Located right next to the boardwalk we were a short walk from everything there is to do in Santa Cruz. I will definitely be coming back soon!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Marshfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had one of our best vacations here. The hotel is lovely and has a warm and friendly feeling. The rooms are so spacious and very clean. Best of all, the managers were so helpful and very professional. They answered all of our endless questions about local tours and events and gave us directions to the best sites in the area. The pier and boardwalk are only steps away and we had so much fun watching the sea lions on the pier. We walked the beautiful beach and boardwalk and had so much fun riding the roller coaster and lots of other rides. There were lots of great restaurants in the area too. We are already planning to return to the Edgewater next year as it truly exceeded our expectations.

Stayed February 2014

Been to Edgewater Beach Motel? Share your experiences!