“Does what it says on the tin” 4 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Santa Cruz Boardwalk East to your Saves list
Super 8 Santa Cruz Boardwalk East
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   338 Riverside Ave, Santa Cruz, CA 95060 5524   |
Ranked #8 of 51 hotels in Santa Cruz
“Does what it says on the tin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

We stayed here for 1 night at the start of Pacific Coast Highway trip. It was a nice, spacious clean room. The bathroom and communal areas were a bit dated. The staff were very helpful.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Its true what others say: the owners are the most hospitable, friendly people imaginable! The building is clean and well maintained, seems quiet, the rooms are average motel-style but the location is quite good. Walk a few blocks over to Zachary's for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

We stayed here for 1 night in August and it was our first experience of Super 8 motels throughout the country. After trying several properties during our journey, I have to say this was probably one of the best motels. As most Super 8, the property is quite small, we arrived late and were assigned a room on the ground floor in front of the pool. Despite being on the road side, we didn't experience any noise whatsoever. Santa Cruz is a very small place and very quiet at night, so noise is not an issue. The room was quite modern compared to other we saw later on, it had a nice comfy bed, clean sheets, a big flat screen tv and enough space to move around. The bathroom was dated compared to the room, but not a problem after all. Breakfast in the morning is basic but enough to get you started: you just go to the reception office where in the morning they set up coffee/juices machines, toaster, choice of white/wheat bread, selection of jams and butter, cereals, packaged snacks etc. Fill your tray and bring it to your room (no space in the reception office). The hotel is just a short walk to the Boardwalk, the pier and the beach. The couple who manages the property is very friendly and welcoming. I'm an industry professional working with deluxe hotels, but I found this Super 8 motel a pleasant surprise! Important: the hotel sits right opposite another Super 8 motel across the road. Make sure you check the address number to avoid going to the wrong property, this is the 338!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Derry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We arrived at this motel not having a reservation but from the moment I met Suni she couldnt have been more helpfull. Nothing was a problem
From suggesting where to go and eat, to the sites in the local area and going the extra mile by calling vineyards & taxi's to arrange a wine tour for us. Her husband Praf was equally as nice.
The rooms where spacious, clean. I feel you couldnt ask for more.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

After staying a very blah Super 8 in Fort Bragg two nights earlier I must say I was very impressed with this MUCH nicer, updated, clean and more spacious Super 8 only two blocks from the Boardwalk. It was just lovely all around and the bed was very comfortable. Quiet at night, too, which was great. Good water pressure, warm nice shower, good blowdryer, plenty of room. A sundeck on top and a nice pool as well.

But the most impressive thing was that I forgot a hair appliance and was trying to get ready for a baby shower I was to attend and whilst asking for directions to the nearest CVS to see if I could buy a new one (ugh), to my great surprise the lovely woman at the front desk (owner? manager?) lent me her own personal one! I was so touched and thrilled. She really saved me from a rushed morning not to mention a bad hair day at an event with lots of photos being taken. Definitely above and beyond in terms of service - what a kind person. Thank you for a wonderful stay. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor to see the sundeck
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Folsom, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here in early Aug. Wanted to be close to the Boardwalk, but couldn't afford to pay $200. a night. I found this Super 8, read all of the reviews and chose it based on the nice things people had to say about The Patel Family and their property. I also have AAA and they offer a discount.

Yes, it's an older property, but that's most of the hotel/motels in Santa Cruz that are w/in walking distance to the Boardwalk. They keep the rooms very clean! We shared a king bed which was 'very' comfortable and clean. Flat screen t.v., mini fridge and a microwave in the room. Even though the property is on a busy street, once inside the room, we hardly heard the road noise. There is a pool. Nothing fancy, but my daughter enjoyed it!

We chose not to have 'room/maid service' since we were only there 2 nights. I'm ok w/ using a towel twice and to conserve a little water.

Yes, parking is very tight, but felt safe. Reviews mentioned to drive a smaller car if it's an option....so I did, and glad I did because I would have had a hard time parking in their lot w/ our SUV.

Walking to the Boardwalk was a treat. Yes, the surrounding streets are littered and dirty, but again, that's Santa Cruz/Boardwalk area for you, and it's peak vacation time.

Overall, I'd stay here again! Clean and affordable!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Halden, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Clean room for a reasonable price. Located just a few minutes walk from the boardwalk and the beach. If you walk the other way you will find a skatepark, perfekt for my 16 year old son.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Santa Cruz Boardwalk East? Share your experiences!