“Great seafood,great view, great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fire Fish Grill

Fire Fish Grill
25 Municipal Wharf, Santa Cruz, CA (Formerly Gilbert's)
(831) 423-5200
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Canberra, Australia
“Great seafood,great view, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We picked the Fire Fish Grill at random as we walked along the Santa Cruz pier.It was a good choice. I had the daily special which was grilled seabass with shrimp. The fish was cooked to perfection. My partner had the crab cakes. We shared a creme brullee for desert. We had a window table overlooking the sea. Service was friendly. I recommend this place, particularly if you want seafood.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
ELK GROVE
“Big Flair, flavor, not so much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were given several recommendations to visit Fire Fish Grill, so thought we'd give it a try. I was initially disappointed with the menu selection. Ended up settling for Fish & Chips, but was NOT impressed. Food server was pleasant but clearly OVER WORKED. Disappointed, and better restaurants are on the wharf.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Ups and Downs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is really about a 3.5; it had strong points and weak ones. The location on the wharf is wonderful and has good views of the sunsets. The food is good (swordfish very good; crab cakes just OK) and the prices are reasonable. And my wife had a very good Pina Colada. But the service was a bit off. They brought out the main courses before my wife had finished her cup of chowder (and she wasn't just letting it sit there). They didn't offer more bread when we finished the three rolls in the initial order. And I had a little trouble with the order (I asked to substitute rice pilaf for risotto, but it came out with the risotto). They fixed it graciously, but it took longer than it should have and the food came when wife was done with her meal. All in all, this isn't a bad place; it just isn't a great one.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice View and Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The only bummer was that I was hoping for local seafood as the location is on a warf on the California coast. The seafood is fresh; just not local. The food was good (had sand dab for the first time). My husband had the swordfish cooked on their mesquite grill. Both entrees were very good, although I did like mine better! Excellent service and a good local beer selection.

Visited September 2012
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This restaurant was packed when we went. The service was good and the food excellent. Again not cheap but tasted great in a really good location.

Visited September 2012