“Gratitude if You LOVE IT” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 329 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: Vegan
Santa Cruz
“Gratitude if You LOVE IT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

and I did, twice on recent trip to SF Bay, once in Berkeley, perhaps more serious, but truly in Santa Cruz where I think a good restaurant is hard to find. All of the dishes really massage your predilection for blending good items together, as usual hard to choose not because there is nothing you don't want, you want it all. The reverse is too often true, all standards that you don't want. Appetite is a very delicate affair, so intuitive. But I'd been here before, with a lady and we enjoyed a superb caesar type salad with capers, better I'd say than the real thing, and a glass of wine. Then we had a craving for a hamburger and left for that. When I returned alone, the salad was even better, so this is a always stop for me.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Los Angeles, California
“Great Healthy Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This place has healthy and tasty food. A little expensive for what you are getting. If you are vegan, vegetarian or just like clean food you will like this place

Visited August 2012
Santa Cruz, California
“Best Vegan Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had another wonderful meal at Cafe Gratitude. The food there is always fresh and delicious and everything on the menu is vegan! You don't have to hunt for something you can eat and it is all delicious! They have cooked and raw chaices available and the desserts and drinks are out of this world. Eating here you do not have to sacrafice flavor for nutrition, they have it all!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Very good healthy food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

If you are vegan, this place is the haven on the earth. Raw food, plant base food... Menu is great. Menu also teaches to be grateful to earth mother for satisfying our needs by various means. i had wheat grass base drink, which was great and tasty. My mediterranean treat was abundant as it said on the menu. Salad was brilliant. I found the rest of the food Humus, almond Mozzarella, pesto was interesting, but need to develop taste. I found Pesto unusually salty. Service was brilliant.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
SoCal
“Great Veg Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We need more places like this. I had the sandwich with the "coconut bacon". Yes, it did not taste like bacon, and I was not bothered by that one bit. If I wanted to eat bacon I would not be vegetarian. I loved the flavor and texture of the bacon. I asked my waiter about it and she explained it as coconut meat deeped in maple syrup and fried to a crisp. Loved it! It is a little expensive but at least it was not bland, uninteresting vegetarian food. Kudos to the staff, chef and owner. Thanks for making a great vegan/vegetarian haven in Santa Cruz.

• Visited October 2012