“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 52 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Spring, Texas
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Fabulous beds, clean room, great breakfast, near freeway. We had a fantastic stay - the staff is very helpful. Great service. The breakfast is really great - they have different egg dishes with bacon and sausage every day along with all the other breakfast items, bagels, bread, muffins, cereal, fresh fruit, otmesl etc. I would reccommend thisd hotel. The only thing ti be aware of is the backparking lot has many homeless people wandering through at all times. There is a Dennys restaurant that shares the parking lot

Room Tip: I always ask for a room that is not next to the elevators or the ice machine.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thanks for the great review! It sounds like you really enjoyed our breakfast. Actually, we recently changed our breakfast to what we have now, and it's proving quite popular -- I'm glad you agree! We look forward to having you with us again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

A great hotel overall, good breakfast; clean, comfortable, big rooms; great helpful staff; great decor; free wifi; flat screen tv; next door to a Denneys, late night snacking :). A bit pricy but I guess quality does always cost more.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Thanks for taking the time to review our property! I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and that our amenities worked so well for you. It's true that Santa Cruz is generally a higher priced market than many other cities due to its great location, but I'm glad you thought the value of our hotel was worth it! I hope we see you again soon!
New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Lovely hotel, attentive staff, pleasant rooms, good location, nice extras (e.g. breakfast), many conveniences. Plan to return when visiting family members who live nearby. Had previously stayed at "inns" acrfoss the street. Will never make that mistake again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for the fantastic review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at our property -- it sounds like pretty much everything met your needs. We look forward to seeing you when you next visit your family!
Palo Alto, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! I stayed there and my car was broken into (it was parked right next to the door) and the hotel staff did nothing aside from offering to help call the police. Not only that, but they don't have any cameras pointed at the parking lot, so they could not even help me find out who did it. The hotel manager has told me that it is not their problem because they have signs in the parking lot that say they are not responsible. Literally. They have not offered to help pay for my stolen stuff or broken car. If you stay here, get ready to have your car broken into. Lots of transient folks around the hotel (homeless shelter is up the street), and the hotel clearly does not care if those folks break into your car and steal your stuff. AWFUL!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
While your vehicle was broken into during your staying at our property, I assure you that this is a very rare occurrence. Although we've been in contact with you through several channels at this point, once again I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize that you experienced this inconvenience during your stay with us. It is true that as a matter of hotel policy we do not give monetary compensation for damaged or stolen property outside of our hotel, however while we have repeatedly offered to help by contacting the police, providing you with information for your police report, and assisting you with your insurance claims, you have continually refused these offers. Please feel free to contact us in the future, as we are still willing to assist you with these offers.
Livermore, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stated last year after a one night stay that this was one the best if not the best experience at a Hampton Inn during our almost 20 year association with Hilton. This year we stayed two nights and we received the same great service as last year. If you want a super place to stay while in Santa Cruz you will find it very hard to beat this inn.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to give us another great review! I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to having you with us again soon!
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised with the hotel considering the very reasonable price I paid. Room was spacious and spotless. Internet worked well and was free of charge. Breakfast was first rate with a great variety of hot and cold items.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm very happy that you enjoyed our property, and found such a great value in your stay! Recently we have improved our breakfast to have a fresher and healthier selection, and I'm glad to hear that you like it. I'm also glad that you made use of our complimentary WiFi and found our high cleanliness standards to your liking! Thanks for the great review, and I hope that we see you again in the near future!
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I most likely would not stay at this particular hotel again when in town on business. I have come to expect certain things from a Hampton Inn, like beds that feel like your sleeping on a cloud, bathroom amenities. When I arrived there were none in my bathroom, I had to go to the front desk and ask for some shampoo and conditioner. Housekeeping was hit and miss. No nightly cookies or even a pantry where you can buy snacks and drinks. There are other Hilton properties in this town (Santa Cruz) that is where I most likely would stay next time I am there on business.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your stay at our property. While we are a small property and lack certain amenities, such as cookies and a Sweet Shop, we do feature the Serta Hampton mattresses that are at all Hampton Inn properties.

I am also sorry that your room did not receive toiletries -- these are supposed to be placed in every room prior to guest arrival. In the future, please feel free to call Guest Services and we will be happy to bring them up to you.

I hope that we have the opportunity to have you with us again in the future so that we can provide you with a more pleasant experience.

Been to Hampton Inn Santa Cruz? Share your experiences!