“Good value and a good time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 328 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Fast Food, Ice Cream
Good for: Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Our delicious burgers are made with fresh, all-natural beef with NO hormones and NO antibiotics. Local vegetables are delivered fresh daily.
Santa Cruz, California
“Good value and a good time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Great classic burgers, shakes and fries make Betty's a cool place to have a bite. Classic rock and interesting interiors make all three Betty's in Santa Cruz, Capitola and Downtown fun. Restaurant is clean, food is generous and fresh.

Visited August 2012

Santa Cruz, California
“Meh every other time...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Been here a few times and it gets worse every other time. Inconsistent burgers. I liked the salmon burger but after eating it over on 41st... um never again!!! Afraid to eat it again here... The Texas 2-step is my go-to and the last time I had it, the burger itself was overcooked and it just didn't taste all that great. I always call it in and pick up to go, so they weren't busy. You'd think a burger place would be perfect if that's the only thing they make...

Visited December 2012
“Great burger place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I got the Basic Betty, Bareback & it was great!!! Along w/the sweet potato fries!! Awesome!! The staff was really nice! I went on my bday, & they even gave me an icecream! I'd totally go back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bellevue, Washington
“Restaurant with a good story, not bad food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had high expectations for this place, for some reason. In her story, she does tout her burgers as being "damn good." I don't remember them being any better than a lot of burgers, but they weren't bad. I do remember that I was a bit surprised by the prices.

I did like the feel of the place - casual, retro, good for families. I liked that the story was written in the menus - it was an interesting one that felt very Californian.

Anyway, overall, it wasn't a bad place to go - we were hungry and were deciding between burgers and pizza. We went with burgers!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Santa Cruz, California
“Terrible Place to go!! Horrible Prices for Crappy food!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Save yourself the time and money and make a burger at home. I promise you it will be way tastier. We have tried this place so many different times and we still come to the same and final conclusion that they just suck. everything is way way over priced and its flavorless cardboard box food with absolutely nothing delicious on the menu. We recommend you save your a bad experience and go to jack in the box or somewhere like Santa Cruz Dinner or Hindquarter for a good burger. =)

• Visited November 2012