“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Laili Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 328 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pacific Avenue
Description: For centuries a five thousand mile trade route has joined the Mediterranean to China through Afghanistan and India. Known mostly for the Silk Trade, the Silk Road has acted as a conduit of ideas, cultures, music, food & spices throughout all of its regions. Laili aims to bring the age old flavors and traditions of the Silk Road to life by creating a positive and relaxing environment with a culturally rich and flavorful dining experience.
Lewistown, Montana
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Excellent food and service. The patio is beautiful and fairly warm with the enclose fire torches (I should note I am from Montana).

• Visited May 2013

California
“The most perfect place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This has become one of my favorite places to sharewith friends, The food is always good,great atmosphere I just love it...

• Visited March 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
“tasty, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Delicious food, nice alternative to the usual Italian, Asian, Mexican. Interior a bit cold somehow. Service excellent.

Visited March 2013
Santa Cruz, CA
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Four of us went to Laili's last week to celebrate our friend's 60th birthdays. We asked to be seated on the patio which was heated by several standing propane lamps (heaters). In was a lovely dining area! Service was spot on, salads and appetizers were outstanding, and our mains were excellent! My wife had been there before, but the rest of the 3 of us had not. It was just a great experience for all of us! We weren't rushed, even though the place was packed with people waiting for a table. I am a Creme Brule freak, and I had the cardomon (sp?) Creme Brule. It was probably the best I have ever had! Everyone ordered dessert, and everyone was really pleased with what they had ordered. I'd give it a big thumbs up!

• Visited April 2013
Newport, RI
“Such a GREAT meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stopped into Santa Cruz on a multi day road trip. Was just looking through trip advisor and found good reviews for Laili. Was really impressed with the beer menu and the food was fantastic! Great flavors, bold and mixed. We had plenty of food which is why it totally didn't bother me that they forgot to put in an order for the silk road plate...but I was looking forward to trying the hummus, tabbouleh, babaghanoush. That was the only complaint, but like I said, there was so much food. Between the house naan and the soup there was plenty to eat. I had the Pomegranate Eggplant and my dining companion had the Anar chicken. Delicious!

The atmosphere was friendly and comfortable!

I wish I lived closer so that I could go back and try other things...
I'd HIGHLY recommend this restaurant!
Delicious!!