“A beautiful day ruined!” 1 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Big 6 Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   335 Riverside Ave, Santa Cruz, CA 95060   |
Ranked #49 of 52 hotels in Santa Cruz
“A beautiful day ruined!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

This day started off great until check in. The attendant was very rude. Rooms are very small. Heaters dont work properly. Dont dare complain they will only respond with yelling. Beware of this place only stay if nothing matters to you but sleeping. Never again

• Stayed September 2012

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Given the price of about $100 per night for a single, I expected more from this hotel. I brought a suit to attend a wedding and was amazed that there was no closet. There was no coffeemaker either. Parking was crowded and tricky, with minimal space for each car, and it was not easy to back out and turn around to get out to the street. At one point, all the spaces were taken. I am not sure if people park here illegally to go on the nearby boardwalk. I did see a sign for a nice-looking motel for $49 per night a couple of blocks away, and was disappointed that I already had committed to this one with priceline (which, it turned out, offered no discount in comparison with the walk-in rate). I did notice a "no visitor" policy posted, and I think that security might be an issue in the area. On the positive side, the room was clean and the bed was quite comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This motel was in a great location in Santa Cruz and was walking distance to the boardwalk and downtown.

The room was very cheap and although run down, it was tidy and hygienic. It offered all the necessary things we needed like a clean bed, tv, bathroom and towels.

The staff were also very nice too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
sacramento
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

This place is from Hell...The Indian lady is CRAZY!!..she acts nice when you check in but will harrass you your entire stay. We checked in and when we got to our room, the door had a huge gap when we went to the boardwalk and tried to lock our room door. The Indian lady will watch who comes in and out your door and will argue with you. During the morning of checkout she refused to give my deposit back stating I had a visitor in my room, Yes I did it was the pizza delivery guy delivering our pizza!!

Stay away....listen to me...stay away..Go to Pacific Inn down the street on Ocean St, its the Ditzey compared to this place...nice customer service, great breakfast in morning, clean rooms, heated indoor pool, and the price is cheaper!!...

• Stayed August 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

The staff was horrible!!!! The couple that worked the front office were so rude and disrespectful. We were there for a family reunion, some of our family stayed at the Big 6 and other family members stayed at different places. We were not allowed to go in family members rooms because they that've a "no visitor" policy, if we entered a room we did not pay for (my brothers room) the lady would knock on the door and tell us we needed to leave the room or pay extra for going in there. My cousing picked us up one morning to go to breakfast and the frond desk staff told him if he entered their property again without paying they would call the cops.
The first morning we were there the front desk staff was knocking on everyone's room saying the owners of a vehicle only paid to park their car there for 1 hr. and she wanted to know if anyone knew them. Later that day when we were leaving our room we asked the cleaning lady for directions, she was very helpful and polite but when the front desk lady saw her talkimg to us she yelled at her and said she was there to work not talk and yelled at us for "bothering" her staff.
One of the two nights we stayed there was no parking in the motel we had to wait 45 min for someone to leave because there wasnt a nearby place to park.
The morning we checked out the front desk staff tried going into my sisters room at 9am. Check out is at 11:30am. My sister opened the door when she heard someone trying to open the door, the front desk lady had a key an was trying to open the door, when my sister asked her what she was doing she said she wanted to see how much stuff they had in there.
Before we checked out my cousin dropped off my 12 year old nephew so we could bring him back home, when the front desk staff saw him they yelled at us and called us "nasty people" because we had a "visitor".

• Stayed August 2012
Athlone, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

nice place to stay we only stayed one night...had a tv and all the basics...but the walls were so thin it was hard to sleep ..nice pool outside and very close to the boardwalk...2 mins walk...would recommend for a quick stop over.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tracy, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

reserved a room last month. My wife and I arrived at the hotel and checked in - filled out all the paperwork, and then the lady tells us we need to pay a $20 cash deposit.. WHY? I said put it on the card, she said no. I told her I had no money, which is why I used a Credit card. the lady said she would not give us the keys with out it - go to the bank, get cash. I asked for the manager, and she said he was in India. Needless to say, I told them We wouldn't stay and filled a complaint with the Credit Card.

Room Tip: HORRIBLE customer Service - Seriously - pay the a little more for better service