“Good and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hailsham, United Kingdom
“Good and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stopoed in Santa Cruz for a coupke of nights en route to San Francisco. The Inn was modern, comfortable and reasonably priced. Breakfast was included andcwas a self service including cereal, english muffins, waffles, bagels and all the accompaniments you needed. Well wirth consudering if visiting Santa Cruz

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
venice
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Mission Inn in santa cruz turned out to be a great value. I travel extensively and found the inn to be spotlessly clean and comfortable. Additionally, Naomi at the front desk allowed me to get in to my room earlier than the 3:00 pm check-in time. Though the inn is on a main road, it was quiet allowing me to sleep peacefully

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Simi Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was our first visit. We were with a group. We had a nice room on the ground floor--very comfortable. The hotel clerk was very helpful in helping me check in and get things into our room,
The breakfast room was upstairs and and with no elevator was difficult for me to get to. I did get up the first morning but it was too hard so my husband brought my breakfast down to the room.

Room Tip: Ground floors good and no noise from above. We would stay here again if we return.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I recently spent 4 nights at the Mission Inn and found it to be a pretty good place. I have stayed at 4 other hotels in / around Santa Cruz. I picked this hotel because of its location and, when compared to the prices of the hotels near the water, Mission Inn was a relative bargain. There is free wifi and breakfast and a sauna and hot tub are available. The hotel is on a busy street - but I heard none of the street traffic. The staff is very friendly and good at what they do. The room was clean although the layout (at least in my room) where the sink and towels were outside of the bathroom was a tad funky. The mattress and pillows were great as was having a large mini-frig and microwave in the room. The room heater / a/c unit was a tad noisy but in some ways it was great white noise for sleeping. I would stay at the Mission Inn again.

Room Tip: Pick a room that does not face the street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Mission Inn was a nice find for us. We usually stay at a name-brand motel, but it was late and we were tired from a l-o-n-g drive. We saw the Mission Inn upon arriving in Santa Cruz, and decided to give it a chance. The clerk was very helpful and personable, and the room was very nice. They also offer AAA discounts. We spent a while in the spa tub, then in the sauna. Great way to unwind after a day on the road. Nice, restful night on a comfy bed. The next morning, we were treated with a delicious continental breakfast, then were on our way.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The room was very clean and had all the amenities; fridge, hairdryer, good A/C, etc. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It's located near good eateries and grocery store. We only had one night to stay but certainly would've stayed longer. It doesn't have that "big corporation" feel; it's more homey.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
hidden valley lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

First and foremost, really nice staff especially Rebecca at reservations. I enjoyed her complimentary upgrade into a King Room. We extended our stay, and it would have been nice to have the same rate as the first night, however it was at such a great value one can't complain about an additional $10 with taxes.
If you go down the street you can jog westward and reach West Cliff Drive and jog all the way to the Oceanside and jog your way to Natural Bridges State Park, from the views of birds at Natural Bridges and the waves crashing to the amazing houses along the way, simply amazing! Only ding is that they don't keep the Dry Sauna going all day. I know this raises costs but for guests to have to wait for it to heat up and it not being ready can be a bummer. But nothing can be perfect. I also enjoyed the Breakfast room as well! A lot of Carbs but who cares if your on vacation! Maybe hardboiled eggs addition would be nice. I work at a hotel In the Napa Valley, and I understand the behind the scenes and being professional and accommodating. For what this hotel offers, and it's location I really enjoyed my stay and so did my significant other! We will be back. Oh and Housekeeping cleaned everything when we asked which was really nice!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Mission Inn? Share your experiences!