“Oh My Gosh!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Morgan Hill, California
“Oh My Gosh!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Really Oh My Gosh... What a diamond in the rough this place is. I booked two rooms over memorial weekend for my daughter's wedding didn't think this place was going to be as nice as it was. Very Clean place helpful staff bed was so comfy! My wife and I are already planning our next Santa Cruz weekend trip. Seriously if you are looking for a nice clean place for a good deal look no further than Mission Inn!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Bay Area, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Room was perfectly clean, well stocked with basic amenities, but the bed was just too soft. Didn't sleep very well as my husband and I kept rolling into the middle of the bed all night and then having to roll back over. Breakfast was basic; pastries, fruit, yogurt, coffee. Overall not a bad place to stay - hope they get new beds soon!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Wilton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I were on our way to the 2012 Historic Race & Car Show in Monterey. Coming from Sacramento we decided to spend the night before attending the car show we would spend the night in Santa Cruz and wake up bright and early and drive into Monterey for the show. We loved this place - it was so nice and clean!!!! It was located very near a most beautiful view of the ocean where people were jogging, walking their dogs or just sitting on the many benches located along the walking path enjoying the ocean breeze and view. An excellent spot to take some photos. One block away was a big Safeway shopping center and many little restaurants. This hotel is not far from main street Santa Cruz and the Beach Boardwalk. We will surely stay there again and recommend it highly - AAA approved also !!! J & C

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is a great hotel! Nothing fancy but very clean and friendly. This is our 3rd stay and we always go back. walking distance is restaurants and a grocery store (large Safeway). Quick drive to downtown, the beach or UCSC. Hot tub is small but very clean. Great value for the money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Plumas Lake, Caifornia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We decided to go to Santa Cruz at the last minute so trying to find a hotel room for the weekend was very limited. I got the last one at Mission Inn and the price was about in the middle of what I found. I was a little scared at first because there wasn't really any pictures online. Our Room was the single king size bed. It was my husband and I and our two kids ( 3 yr old & 2 month old) and I thought it would be a little small for all of us but my surprise it was very spacious. We had plenty of room on both sides of the bed for my toddler one side with his sleeping bag and my newborn on the other. Plenty of room for my toddler to run around without running into our bags or his brother!

It was very clean. It looks like the carpets my have been pretty new. The bathtub/shower was a little small but most average hotels are. It had a microwave and frig, which was great for leftovers! The bed was on the hard side but nobody's bed feels as good as home.

The location seemed to be in an okay area. There was a strip mall right down the street with a Starbucks and Safeway which came in handy. It's about 2 miles from the boardwalk, with little ones we didn't walk. It's on a busy street.

The staff was very nice. The first night we came back from the beach, there was no parking by our room and I asked the office where I can park, they knew we had little ones and told us that we could park in an area that wasn't designated for us which was close to our room. I would say that was a bad part, is the parking. I really didn't want to park around the other building and I am we didn't have to.

The morning breakfast is your basic breakfast, coffee, juice, cereal, mini muffins, bagels and fruit. Plenty enough to eat. The coffee was really hot and strong, really good. The ladies that kept the food filled were very nice.

When we came back after our room was cleaned, I could tell they did an excellent job. You can tell they vacuumed, and cleaned the whole bedroom/bathroom. What I thought was the sweetest thing, they made my son's bed. They fixed his pillows, sleeping bag and blanket that he had on the floor!

Overall, I was very pleased with Mission Inn, and I would recommend it for someone that wants a clean cheap place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

A nice motel along CA1 so when looking for food, just walk outside (restaurants, take away or 7Eleven). Room was clean, amenities available. A very basic breakfast is included as is a hot tubb. So when looking for value for money, this is it.

• Stayed July 2012
No. Cal.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel with 4 teenage girls who wanted to visit Santa Cruz. We had the room with 2 King beds and also had a roll-a-way which I slept on. The room was very clean, comfortable and Quiet! I picked this hotel based on other Trip Advisor reviews and was not dissappointed. The staff was wonderful, especially when my daughter realized she couldn't find her phone. We had checked out at 11am and went to the beach for the day before heading home. At about 5:30pm she realized she didn't have her phone and after tearing apart the car and the luggage we went back to the Hotel. Someone had checked into that room and we could not check in there. They said they would check the next day and mail it to us if it was found. I was sure we would never see it again...but, they did indeed find it and mail it back! She had only had this phone for 1 month and all of her pictures were in it and she was so devastated to have lost it , but this Hotel and staff saved the day. I can't say enough about them. If I were you, I would choose this hotel if you are ever heading to Santa Cruz!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends